Ever have a blow out on a Stella with a tubeless?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Johnny O

Ever have a blow out on a Stella with a tubeless?

Post by Johnny O »

Just wondering if any of you ever experienced a blowout on a tubeless? How about the tubed stock tires? How did the bike handle?

I notice the Stella seems pretty heavy in the rear and my wife likes to ride pillion adding additional load (sorry dear). Was wondering how I would expect the bike to handle so I can be prepared.

Watched a video of someone on MV yesterday in the UK that supposedly had a blowout on a Star 150 with the SIP tubeless wheels. It spooked me a little and got me thinking.

Appreciate your thoughts!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

With tubeless no blowout but I did get a flat. Worked the way it is supposed to. I picked up a screw and didn't even notice until someone said my tire looked low.

I have had a rear blow out on tube. How did it handle? Pretty much...not at all. I was lucky I was leaving the gas station.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I had a tube let go at about 40-50 MPH on the rear of my stella leaving a rally. Lets just say I am glad I grew up riding dirt bikes.
I now have the SIP rims. No flats yet, and I am okay with that :)

Being used to motorcycle rim prices; at $70 or so the SIP rims are a steal.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?