Condensation in instrument cluster

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KidA001

Condensation in instrument cluster

Post by KidA001 »

First post! I'm a proud new owner of a 2014 Genuine Stella!

It's been raining a lot here and the scooter was out in the rain for a little bit. I have it all covered up now, but I noticed that there's condensation in the instrument cluster now. It's not a whole lot, but I definitely want to get it out.

Is there an easy way to take these out, or any manuals on how to do so? Would appreciate any help. Happy to be a part of the community!
ArgonV

Post by ArgonV »

Do you have the little rubber stopper piece that goes in the hole of the steering column? If not it will be more condensation that normal.

When I get it in mine it usually evaporates on a sunny afternoon.
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

I had condensation inside for a few days. It cleared up on a nice, sunny day.

I wonder if putting one of those silica packets in the headset would prevent that?
KidA001

Post by KidA001 »

ArgonV wrote:Do you have the little rubber stopper piece that goes in the hole of the steering column? If not it will be more condensation that normal.

When I get it in mine it usually evaporates on a sunny afternoon.
Where abouts on the steering column would I find this hole?
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Look on the right side ( sitting on the bike) under the speedo but above the glovebox. There is a rubber plug that goes there.

I get condensation in my orange bike sometimes, but it goes away in 10 minutes of driving; so I always just ignored it.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

I get it as well and it usually goes away after a few minutes driving. However, I do think this was the culprit for my speedometer getting stuck. I eventually had to take it apart and spray a whole bunch of bicycle chain oil in it to get the speedometer unstock.