2008 Stella 2t dies

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

NotAMod

2008 Stella 2t dies

Post by NotAMod »

Hey guys. I have a 2008 Stella 2t that often just bogs down and quits. When I say bogs down, it's almost as if it's not getting any gas. This happened once when I was far enough away from home, I had to have it on a truck back to the house. Had one guy tell me that the tension spring for the idle adjust was worn out. Had someone else tell me vapor lock. This happened again, when I rode it just 2 miles. It quits, I sits for a bit, then start it up, it goes for a bit, then I sits again! It's getting towards the end of the riding season for me in Colorado. Before I drag it down to the shop, I just wanted some input. Thanks.
youkiddin

Post by youkiddin »

check the vent hole in the gas cap, or next time it quits crack the cap and listen for air moving into the tank. also these are gravity fuel systems, so low fuel level will sometimes cause problems, Try it with the fuel set to the reserve. you could also really be chasing a electrical problem
NotAMod

Post by NotAMod »

Guess I'll just have to take it out tomorrow and ride until it fails..LOL! I'll double check the vent hole, and I know it's not from the fuel being too low. As for the reserve, I'll try that as well. This doesn't seem to be an electrical problem, haven't had any problems with that at all. No loose wires or shorts. Thanks for the advice, will let you know how it goes.
NotAMod

Evap/Stella dies

Post by NotAMod »

After visiting a vespa forum, I got some advice about loosening the gas cap. I'm guilty of over fueling, as my gas gage doesn't work. So I ran the bike for 20 min, at about 40mp, stopped for abut 20 min, then another 20 min home. Ran great. Not a shudder or anything. So hopefully this helps
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

If you over-fill you will get vapor lock for some reason.