Flywheel removal

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Doobby

Flywheel removal

Post by Doobby »

This is a stupid question, but I thought that the experience of the group may save me a little cussing.

I need to remove my flywheel to get to the stator on my 4T. I've ordered the flywheel puller and I've fabricated a locking tool.

Before I try to remove the nut, here's my question: are the threads the standard "lefty loosey" or are they reversed?

Just would like to know before the grunt work starts.

Thanks in advance.
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

Pretty sure it's right hand threaded.
czechojo

Post by czechojo »

most are actually left threaded
2016 Genuine Roughhouse Sport, malossi 70cc cylinder kit , Yasuni R.07 exhaust, dellorto 19 carb, carbon reeds, doppler air filter, Athena Cranshaft, Polini 14/41 Secondary gear, Malossi Multivar, Malossi Delta Clutch, Malossi Special X Belt, 5g rollers
czechojo

Post by czechojo »

most are actually left threaded
2016 Genuine Roughhouse Sport, malossi 70cc cylinder kit , Yasuni R.07 exhaust, dellorto 19 carb, carbon reeds, doppler air filter, Athena Cranshaft, Polini 14/41 Secondary gear, Malossi Multivar, Malossi Delta Clutch, Malossi Special X Belt, 5g rollers
milly

Post by milly »

Holding your finger nail on the thread of the tool as you turn it will show the direction of which way it works as it will go up or down the thread.