Wake-up call

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PeterC

Wake-up call

Post by PeterC »

Yesterday, I drove my 1981 Chevy C-10 short-bed pickup the 30 miles up to
Tucson to get a cooler full of frozen goodies from Trader Joe's. On the way back, just before I turned off I-19 to get to my neighborhood, the temperature gauge shot past the limit, accompanied by strange noises. I pulled into my driveway and shut off the engine. I figured I'd cooked the rebuilt engine, and would now have to rely solely on my scooters for transportation. Strangely, I experienced a sense of peace, No sweat; groceries were available locally, and both my Stella and my Vespa P200E have adequate carrying capacity, and my wife has her own Toyota RAV-4 to get her to work and back. If I have to use the Chevy as a lawn ornament and rely solely on the scooters, no big deal. As it turned out, the truck needed only a new alternator belt, but now I know that a 12-15-mpg cage is not a necessity. Is this the definition of an epiphany?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yes. Why are you driving that thing? Ride! :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

you people in non-ice/snow climates have NO excuse for having a car. I drove my car maybe 3 times in the last 6 months. If there was no snow/ice/salt on the road, the car would be GONE.

live free.

oh and yes you had an epiphany
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

peabody99 wrote:you people in non-ice/snow climates have NO excuse for having a car. I drove my car maybe 3 times in the last 6 months. If there was no snow/ice/salt on the road, the car would be GONE.

live free.

oh and yes you had an epiphany
Excuse #1 I have two daughters ages 10 and 8 that need transporting lots of places and the OH is opposed to me transporting them on the scoot

Excuse#2 um hmm well don't think I can think of one so once the kids are grown then yeah I wil have no excuse. 8)
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
etak

Post by etak »

OK, I know what DH is, but OH? opinionated husband? oppositional? obviable? obstinate? over-the-hill?
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
-Leonard Cohen

jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Old Hag.
etak

Post by etak »

holy shit batman! please tell me you're kidding.
Like a bird on the wire,
-Leonard Cohen

newslinky

Post by newslinky »

LOL no it means Other Half lol Old Hag I would get pwned if I ever called her that :rofl: :headache:
etak

Post by etak »

:whew:
that's a relief!
:lol:
Like a bird on the wire,
-Leonard Cohen

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Other half of what?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

:shock: FROSTY!!! Do you talk to your mother with that mouth?! :lol:
ModBud #442
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

ericalm wrote:Other half of what?
BETTER HALF, MY - "One's spouse, usually said by a man referring to his wife. Marriage is viewed as uniting two people into a single entity - a couple - of which each person is half. The person using the phrase could really respect his partner's contribution to the marriage, or could be saying it in a patronizing fashion. In either event, the expression was in use by 1590, when Sir Philip Sidney (in 'The Countesse of Pembrokes Arcadia') has Argalus enter the scene and, 'forcing up (the best he could) his feeble voice, My deare, my deare, my better halfe (said he) I finde I must now leave thee." From "The Dictionary of Cliches" by James Rogers (Ballantine Books, New York, 1985).