Got my Blur back!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

killbilly

Got my Blur back!

Post by killbilly »

Finally. And my dealer actually figured things out while waiting for an answer from Genuine, that, to my knowledge, never came. Or came too late.

They took their other ss220i apart and started doing a stare-and-compare on the two bikes, and noticed that the wiring loom on my bike was installed slightly differently than in the other ss220i. They re-did the loom and proceeded to do a bunch of test rides.

And everything stayed in place. No connector pull, no scooter death.

It took almost a month. The sting of that lessened somewhat in the last few days because I've been riding a Kawasaki Versys a lot. :)

In retrospect, I'm glad my dealer figured it out, but I'm thoroughly pissed off at Genuine.

:D
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Glad to hear your scooter is fixed, but just to be fair to Genuine, there is no way that they could have known about the wire harness being routed wrong from the factory. I'm wondering if they (the factory) tied the harness to the suspension in such a way that each time the rear suspension worked, it pulled on the connector causing it to fail.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Bjc617

Post by Bjc617 »

did they figure out the idle issue?
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

babblefish wrote:Glad to hear your scooter is fixed, but just to be fair to Genuine, there is no way that they could have known about the wire harness being routed wrong from the factory. I'm wondering if they (the factory) tied the harness to the suspension in such a way that each time the rear suspension worked, it pulled on the connector causing it to fail.
You're right. They couldn't have known about the factory harness.

But Genuine should have been working with my dealer to figure out why. My dealer made repeated requests for help and just didn't get much of a response from Genuine.

The business I work in is similar - I'm with a manufacturer of a product that is sold through a dealer network, and it's a fairly complex product. When our dealers have major problems that make their customers irate, we are all over the problem, not only to try and fix it, but we will, with the dealer's permission, communicate directly to the end-user to communicate and reassure them that their problem is important and being dealt with.

Nothing remotely close to that happened here. Maybe my expectations were too high.

In any case, I'm glad it's fixed.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Your points are definitely valid. Maybe Genuine should have been a little more responsive to the problem perhaps going as far as extending your warranty. Anyway glad it's fixed.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Glad that it's back, but share your concern about Genuine. I'm kinda torn up about it, because it seems pretty easy to address. I don't want to make excuses for Genuine, but it seems that they missed an opportunity to create good will through an outstanding followup. We'll stay tuned and see if they can turn a negative into a positive for you, Killbilly. Fingers crossed for you. In the meantime, ride.

Looks like the weather is breaking up here, for Wednesday. Twenty degrees to start, but no snow... we'll see if it's OK for riding. I am ready.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com