Blur SS 220i first impressions

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Nice review Blurblaine! I'll tell you that the suspension smooths out a bit around 1400 miles at about the same time that my engine seemed to open up a bit. Of course, then I got that hit on the nose so now I'm sporting a new fork... so I'm waiting until I hit that 3300 mile mark for the fork to relax 8-)

Seriously, I love the Blur and it's flexibility. You can ride this scoot like a 50cc around the neighborhood, leaning it like crazy, or hit the highway and do almost 80 mph if you have to get somewhere fast. It's big enough for most people to see (!) and small enough to be tossable, parkable and easy to thread. I've discovered that the oil cooler and rear suspension view port provides noticeable warmth under my apron, so it just keeps getting better and better!

And fs8gbe, that's also why I stay away from the Apple store. It gives me the gottahaveits.

Edit 'cause brother can't type, again
Last edited by Rippinyarn on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Rippinyarn wrote:Nice review Blurblaine! I'll tell you that the suspension smooths out a bit around 1400 miles at about the same time that my engine seemed to open up a bit. Of course, then I got that hit on the nose so now I'm sporting a new fork... so I'm waiting until I het that 3300 mile mark for the fork to relax 8-)

Seriously, I love the Blur and it's flexibility. You can ride this scoot like a 50cc around the neighborhood, leaning it like crazy, or hit the highway and do almost 80 mph if you have to get somewhere fast. It's big enough for most people to see (!) and small enough to be tossable, parkable and easy to thread. I've discovered that the oil cooler and rear suspension view port provides noticeable warmth under my apron, so it just keeps getting better and better!

And fs8gbe, that's also why I stay away from the Apple store. It gives me the gottahaveits.
I'd say those reviews are spot on.

As for mine, they got the replacement part from Genuine today and installed it. I requested that they put 20-30 miles on it to see if it dies on them. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow or Saturday. I'll letcha know. The weather has been perfect in Austin, I've missed a LOT of riding.
That Scooter Guy

Post by That Scooter Guy »

Is the seat height an issue with anyone other than me? The inseam of my jeans is 30" and I never have considered myself to be exceptionally short, but the Blur seems way too tall.

I sat on one at the dealer this past weekend. I like alot of things about the scooter, but the overall styling wasn't really my bag (I suppose I prefer the more "traditional" look of a Buddy). But the deal breaker is the height.
rattler110_818

Post by rattler110_818 »

Im 5'2" it very tall for me but im loving it. On my tippy toes but its working out great for me with one leg down. :lol:
2011 Genuine Blur SS 220i
2009 Genuine Rattler 110
2009 Tomos St *Sold*
2001 Yamaha Zuma *Sold*
1990 Honda Elite 50 *Sold*
1987 Honda Aero 50 *Wrecked*
1984 Honda Magna 700
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

That Scooter Guy wrote:Is the seat height an issue with anyone other than me? The inseam of my jeans is 30" and I never have considered myself to be exceptionally short, but the Blur seems way too tall.

I sat on one at the dealer this past weekend. I like alot of things about the scooter, but the overall styling wasn't really my bag (I suppose I prefer the more "traditional" look of a Buddy). But the deal breaker is the height.
I've got to ask... was it on it's center stand?

It's got a 29-30" seat height, but the seat slopes down and it's very narrow so you should be able to flat foot it.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
That Scooter Guy

Post by That Scooter Guy »

Lostmycage wrote:

I've got to ask... was it on it's center stand?

It's got a 29-30" seat height, but the seat slopes down and it's very narrow so you should be able to flat foot it.
LOL thanks for the confidence in me! No, it was not on its center stand.

In fact, there was an awkward moment when I was trying to dismount the thing and not allow it tumble over on its side (would not have been an issue with the center stand down).
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

That Scooter Guy wrote:Is the seat height an issue with anyone other than me? The inseam of my jeans is 30" and I never have considered myself to be exceptionally short, but the Blur seems way too tall.

Did you ride it?

The seat is tall, no doubt about it, but even with a 29" inseam I have no trouble putting one foot firmly down while seated, and can put both down by scootching forward.
gtmotor

Post by gtmotor »

You'll get used to it. My significant other is 5'0" on a good day and she doesn't have too much of an issue with it.

The Blur is so light and well balanced that even shorter people shouldn't have many problems with it after riding it around for awhile.

The seat height is WAY taller than 29-30" by the way... I just measured mine to be at 33.5" at the first "flat" part you sit on.