I'm a NEW Blur 220i owner, & I LOVE IT!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AL GRANDE

I'm a NEW Blur 220i owner, & I LOVE IT!

Post by AL GRANDE »

I picked up my new 2011 Blur 200i last Thursday, 03/31/11. Rode it around for about 10 miles, babying the engine, because I'm breaking it in, and I noticed how well balanced, light and nimble it is. The fastest I rode that day was around 35 mph, but I felt it could go faster easy, but I'm breaking it in properly.

I've been reading the forum earlier and noticed that a few Blur owners having a surging problem. On my Blur, when I start her up, the rpms jump to 2000 and moves up to 2100 for a second or two, then drops down to 1750-1800 rpms where it stays. After riding around for awhile, when I come to a stop, the rpms will drop to 1500, sometimes below, then goes back to 1800 then down to 1500, then back to 1800 then it settles between 1800-1750. It doesn't seem to affect performance at all. If it jumps wildly, say between 2100-1300, or so, then I'll take it back to the dealer for them to check it out. But, mine hasn't done that, and I hope it never does.

Today (4/2/11) I got my Blur up to 45 mph then brought it down to 40 mph always varying my speed. I can't wait to ride her over 75 mph. I want to experience the speed of this scooter. I also plan to ride her from Sacramento (my home) to Los Angeles (taking highway 33) this summer. That'll be great!

My last remark about the Blur is that, this is one BEAUTIFUL looking scooter! It looks like a sport motorcycle than a scooter. Total strangers will ask me what kind of motorcycle I'm riding. When I tell them it's not a motorcycle but a scooter they just shake their heads not believing what I said. I just shrug and ride off.

Here is a picture of my Blur 220i.
:D
Attachments
My new 2011 Blur 220i
My new 2011 Blur 220i
my blur220i_05.jpg (26.72 KiB) Viewed 649 times
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Congrats, and welcome to the club! Good to hear another "Blurthusiast" rave about his machine. It gets even better as the miles go on.

I've had the surging issue since new and it still does it. It's only stalled twice on me though, so I guess that we can say that it seems to be a common thing. The scoot checks out with the little diagnostic dongle, though, so I believe that what the tech at Genuine says - something like the O2 sensor manipulates engine speed to keep the exhaust temp in a certain range. I heard that second hand, so perhaps I'll follow up with one of my local dealers to double check.

I rode my Blur yesterday and got caught in a wicked wind/rain storm. It tracked beautifully in what felt like a 40 MPH cross wind. The cars were crawling and I was ready to go!
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Welcome. Now hook up the deadlights and get rid of those DOT stalks.

There was a thread about the surging issue - you can sometimes release the pressure in the FI system (spits a little fuel on the ground) to help it.

Mine did it at first, but has pretty much gone away since crossing the 300mi mark on the odometer.