Blur Stereo System Installed!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

davelhunter

Blur Stereo System Installed!

Post by davelhunter »

Hey guys. I got bored while I am still waiting for my motor to get shipped back to me from KS Power, so I decided to make a stereo system for my blur. For some reason I see all these pics of nice systems in scooters on youtube, but they are all on bikes that are overseas. I have never seen anyone in the stated do a nice system on the Blur, so hopefully mine if the first! Here are the pics below. I purchased a Sony Xplode 6.5" component speaker set with crossovers ($85.00) and a head unit ($50.00) at Walmart. Some black felt and a piece of wood and some other basic parts. Total investment $150.00 Let me know what you guys think. This system sounds awesome! It is really loud and has good bass. Much better than I anticipated. I mounted the speakers, head unit, and crossovers all on the piece of wood. I used rca connects on the bottom of the pet carrier and quick disconnects to the battery. This way I can just take it out quick & easy when I want to use my pet carrier.
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (21.75 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (26.13 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (32.18 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

we're gonna need some video on that sucker...

looks amazing.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

It looks really nice, and very clever on fitting everything in there. Let us know how the battery holds out with that running once you get your engine back in.

By the way, how's that coming?
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

You need a couple tweets on the handlebars for high definition :D
davelhunter

Post by davelhunter »

The component set came with tweeters & crossovers. The tweeters are hard to see, but are mounted right under the handlebars, but I used the angle mounts so the sound is directed back toward me rather than straight up toward the handlebars. The tweeters are very loud and the sound is incredible. It is as loud as a regular car system and I can hear it from a block away if I turn it up all the way (although I would never ride with it up that loud, I only like my music loud enough for me to hear, not indended to disturb others)
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

Lostmycage wrote:It looks really nice, and very clever on fitting everything in there. Let us know how the battery holds out with that running once you get your engine back in.

By the way, how's that coming?
Which begs the question: Any way to upgrade the electrical system to handle accessories? There's got to be a way to do it.

I've thougth about installing a stereo in a topcase - two speakers up front, two behind the rider in the top case with some type of quick disconnect to change out thte topcase for another when you need it.

Another idea: Solar cells.
davelhunter

Post by davelhunter »

I played the stereo for 2 hours yesterday in my garage without draining the battery. This was with the engine off of course. I just keep my bike pluged into a battery tender when not in use. You can always upgrade to a larger battery, but I don't think it is really necessary. I have a radio, gps, and cell phone, stebel horn, and silverstar bulbs,and the stock electrical eystem handles it fine. Maybe I am just lucky, but I have never experienced a problem.
davelhunter

Post by davelhunter »

I played the stereo for 2 hours yesterday in my garage without draining the battery. This was with the engine off of course. I just keep my bike pluged into a battery tender when not in use. You can always upgrade to a larger battery, but I don't think it is really necessary. I have a radio, gps, and cell phone, stebel horn, and silverstar bulbs,and the stock electrical eystem handles it fine. Maybe I am just lucky, but I have never experienced a problem.
dvdchris

Post by dvdchris »

That is one crazy install.
Do you have a way to adjust volume with seat closed?
And you take it out when you want to carry your pet under the seat? :wink: