Blur Clock

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rew750

Blur Clock

Post by rew750 »

Since I purchased the Blur last year, the clock has never worked. The dealer told me it probably needed a new battery to run. I figured they were talking about a small round watch type battery. But I don't see where one would be installed. Any ideas?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

You'll have to remove the dash to get to the battery. I'll see if I have a pic of this when I get home. In the mean time, you can check it out yourself (5x #2 phillips screws and loosen the speedometer cable). :arrow: <a href="topic6613.html">Here's a thread for guidance.</a> It's the install thread for the digital dash, but it shows how to remove the handlebar covers and access the stock instrument cluster.

And Welcome to MB :)

Actually upon closer inspection, picture 13 shows the back of the stock inst cluster. The clock is under the big wire loom on the right hand side in the picture.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
rew750

Blur Clock

Post by rew750 »

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I must say I like that digital dash. Are they still available and do you know who carries them and the cost? Also does it make the speedometer readings any more accurate?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

The new Blur features the digital speedo, so maybe your dealer will be able to order one sooner or later, if they bring the 220 in.

In the meantime, you might try to track down "Autotech355" via eBay, if I have the story right, he was an ex-MB'er American expat in Taiwan who helped a bunch of people here track them down. (I have one, and love it, but I got it secondhand from a previous owner.)

There was some weirdness back when he was posting on the list, and for reasons that are still unclear to me, he was banned from MB, but I know a lot of people on the list had good experiences with him. I'm sure Eric had a good reason to ban him, but he was always friendly enough with me and most other people.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Autotech355 is a different person than Smellybumlove (yep, really). They're both pretty nice, but I don't think Autotech355 was ever involved in MB.

That being said, he does live nearby to a PGO supplier. Last I checked with him they didn't have any in stock.

And sadly, the digital dash doesn't do anything for accuracy. :(
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I sorta feel the digital is closer to reality than the original, though I have an '07, I guess the '08s were better.

at least you can switch between miles and km, the 07 original wasn't close to either.

and thanks for clearing up smellybumlove and autotech, sorry to confuse them.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Yeah, you might be right. The digital seems a tad closer to reality, but either one is way off, lol. I keep it on the trip odo, so I rarely see how many "miles" I've put on it.

Hopefully the sensor bolt that I ordered a week or two back will show up today or Monday. When it does and if it works, I'll dial in a bike computer and I'm testing out a theory... more on that later :)

If anyone tries to order the part through Autotech, be sure to have a clear description and a part number. He's a really nice guy and will go out of his way to accommodate you, but English isn't his 1st language (I hope!).
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Rew750,
I don't think the clock uses a "button" battery. I believe it is wired to the scooter battery. You probably have a loose wire? You would have to remove the dash in order to check that connection.

Good luck

D.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.