Replacement belt.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Irishrover

Replacement belt.

Post by Irishrover »

What price do you pay in the U.S.? Anyone recommend a dealer who ships within the U.S.?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I think I paid around $45 for a replacement stock belt. I thought that was a bit outrageous, considering that you can find (not in the Blur size of course) aftermarket "performance" kevlars for around $30 shipped.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Irishrover

Post by Irishrover »

How could I order one in the U.S. and have it shipped to my sister in Arkansas as I was quoted $120 here in the U.K.?
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

You could try this:

http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/blurtransmission

Scroll down to item #24 (V BELT). Price is $44.00.

Regards
Irishrover

Post by Irishrover »

charlie55 wrote:You could try this:

Regards
Do you know if the Blur 150cc belt is the same as the 125cc belt?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Irishrover wrote:
charlie55 wrote:You could try this:

Regards
Do you know if the Blur 150cc belt is the same as the 125cc belt?
Chances are they're the same, but to double check. Take out the 8mm bolts on the CVT and take a look at the belt.

The 150 is a 812x20x28x9.5 Bando belt.
Irishrover

Post by Irishrover »

Thanks, looks like they are both the same belt. I am thinking on trying a 822-20.5-30 because it's cheaper, any thoughts as to wether it will fit?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Irishrover wrote:Thanks, looks like they are both the same belt. I am thinking on trying a 822-20.5-30 because it's cheaper, any thoughts as to wether it will fit?
I've tested a belt that was labeled "820x20x30" before and it was significantly shorter than the stock belt. Take a soft tape measure and measure the outside circumference of your belt and see if the seller will do the same. I found that belt lengths are absolutely NOT standard, despite what the labels say.

If it works, though, it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper. Also, it could potentially allow for a higher top speed. I gave up on trying different belt sizes a while back because it was getting REALLY expensive.
Irishrover

Post by Irishrover »

Just replaced my belt with a 818-19.5-30, I measured it before replacing and it was spot on, then measured the original belt and it was 832. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Should the metal spacer on the variator be greased?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Irishrover wrote:Just replaced my belt with a 818-19.5-30, I measured it before replacing and it was spot on, then measured the original belt and it was 832. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Should the metal spacer on the variator be greased?
Good find!

As for the grease: no, leave it dry. If you grease it, excess grease will seep out and get all over the drive face of the belt and then bad things will start to happen.
pajeanka

BLUR CVT Belt Replacement

Post by pajeanka »

Hi, guys,
I've not hung out here at MB for a l-o-n-g time. But I'm back because I'd like to put a replacement CVT belt on my '07 Blur 150. It's still running the original Bando 812-20-28x9.5 belt as mentioned in this post.
But I'm seeing that a 835-20-30 belt is a recommended replacement for GY6 scooters. Has anybody done this size for a replacement CVT belt? Or have you used another size CVT belt successfully? BTW . . . the stock Blur 150 Bando belt is $57.20 from Scooterworks.
I'm looking to keep my Blur on the street for a lot more years and you guys have done a great job of helping me do that. 8)