new guy blur question?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ggs34

new guy blur question?

Post by ggs34 »

ok for all you blur riders out there here is a question from a guy who has not even seen a cool bike like this in person(they dont sell the blur up here yet)can a big guy like me 6ft 2 34 inseam fit on a cool looking scooter like this or is it as small as the buddy or the rallter we have lots of those up here i drove the buddy the other day it felt like a tonka truck to me i am just too big so help out a new guy
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

There's a lot more room on the Blur than the Buddy or especially the Rattler. Everyone has different comfort levels, so it's hard to say if you'll be comfortable on it, but there's been a few taller Blur riders. I'm about 6-1 and depending on the brand a 32-34 inseam and the Blur fit just fine. It's one of the reasons I got one, I started off on a Buddy. Lots more room.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

i'm 6-1 and fat, and i am very comfortable...
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

The Blur has the tallest seat I have ever encountered on a scooter. I'm 5'10 and can barely flatfoot both feet. I found the stock seat somewhat limiting for space so I've had mine rebuilt and removed the pillion hump. With the change I get full range of postions and love the fit.
beeporama

Post by beeporama »

How about feet? I don't know what shoe sizes you guys have, but I'm wondering if size 12's will fit in there more comfortably than on the Buddy/Blackjack (where it seems like anything over size 10 shoes have to keep their feet at a slight angle to fit).
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

12's fit fine. I still have a few inches of fore/aft movement/positions available as well. The foot boards also lend well to posting for bumps and such, a lot better than the Buddy (where posting on the footboard puts your weight way to far forward to be safe). You have zero side to side foot positions available on the Blur and you loose the ability to hold a few 12/24 cases of soda that the Buddy affords, but you get a larger seat that's easy to bungee to.
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

i'm a size 13 and i still have plenty of room...
beeporama

Post by beeporama »

Lostmycage wrote:12's fit fine. I still have a few inches of fore/aft movement/positions available as well. The foot boards also lend well to posting for bumps and such, a lot better than the Buddy (where posting on the footboard puts your weight way to far forward to be safe). You have zero side to side foot positions available on the Blur and you loose the ability to hold a few 12/24 cases of soda that the Buddy affords, but you get a larger seat that's easy to bungee to.
I definitely rode a case of beer home between my legs once, so I understand I'd be giving that up, but it's good to know the fit would be more comfortable. I hadn't given much thought to posting but that will be nice too: Pittsburgh roads can be pretty crap and posting does feel a little awkward.

Thanks so much! In the ideal world I'd keep the BlackJack for my commute and get a second highway bike, but if that doesn't happen, this is a pretty good compromise between small footprint and highway muscle.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I test rode the Blur and knew right away that it was the 150cc scoot for me. The Buddy always felt cramped. The Blur's suspension was much more solid and the brakes were fantastic. I knew right away that it was slower than the Buddy, but the room, brakes, suspension... the "feel" of it sold me. I thought it was ugly as hell though... but it grew on me. The rear rack is also about 10 times more sturdy, so you can strap that much more to it, which was good because it doesn't have the shelf, the glove bucket, or the option to add a front rack.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

My wife has a Buddy, I had a Blur. I'm 6', 230 pounds. I feel cramped on the buddy and always feel like my knees are in the way.

Much more room on the Blur and I found myself to be most comfortable putting my feet back on what would be the passenger foot area. This dropped my knees and tipped me forward just a bit. Especially riding curves, this position felt much more comfortable and "sporty" if you will. I never dragged the kickstand siting upright :D

I miss my Blur sometimes...
ggs34

blur can it fit 2 people

Post by ggs34 »

is the blur big enough to ride two people on it with out being too small what is the weight limit any one know?