They're selling Genuine WHERE?!?!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Swordsman

They're selling Genuine WHERE?!?!

Post by Swordsman »

Hey guys! Funny thing I noticed while looking for a local Genuine dealer: the closest one to me is a big Harley-Davidson dealership! How weird is that? I mean, H-D salespeople (in general) have a rep for trash talking other brands because they're not "real bikes." Wonder how that's working out for their scooter sales?

I admit, as much as I'd like to go take a Blur 220i for a test ride, scooter shopping among a bunch of mullet-sporting, leather-clad "tough guys" seems like an uncomfortable prospect. :?

~SM
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

i've never gotten anything but respect from harley riders. i'm probably in the minority here though...
ggs34

hd riders

Post by ggs34 »

up here in harley usa wisconsin most harely riders are jerks and drive like they own the raod they pass you no matter how fast you are driving i hate harleys give me a good scoot any day
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I did a demo drive of the Madass 125 at a Harley Dealership. It was their "entry level" motorcycle. No Genuine there, though. It was a hell of a facility and worked out to a nice retail experience. Lots of friendly staff and plenty of people waiting for the doors to open. I wasn't used to that!

Not all Harley riders are greasy, but many of them are :wink:
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Rippinyarn wrote:I did a demo drive of the Madass 125 at a Harley Dealership. It was their "entry level" motorcycle. No Genuine there, though. It was a hell of a facility and worked out to a nice retail experience. Lots of friendly staff and plenty of people waiting for the doors to open. I wasn't used to that!

Not all Harley riders are greasy, but many of them are :wink:
If Harley is willing to sell the Madass why the hell don't they bring back the topper?
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
malakai

Post by malakai »

fs8gbe wrote:i've never gotten anything but respect from harley riders. i'm probably in the minority here though...
Same in route from TO to Camarillo, CA. Buddys are sold at Harley Davidson.
White, 2009 125 Buddy !
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

fs8gbe wrote:i've never gotten anything but respect from harley riders. i'm probably in the minority here though...
Ditto here.

You can always count on a wave from a Harley rider, at least around here. And I get a kick out them calling their bikes "scooters".