220 oil light

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rippinyarn

220 oil light

Post by Rippinyarn »

I have the oil light on on my Blur. It must have come on sometime on my ride home from work today. The oil level is fine. The engine light comes on when the key is turned and then goes out as usual, but the oil light stays on. The engine is running normally as far as I can tell - no smoke and it's not feeling or smelling hot. I'm thinking electrical but wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the oil pressure sender location or if the oil pump is external before I get it towed to the dealer. Disappointed.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Bjc617

Post by Bjc617 »

you probably changed the oil before the oil light came on, i believe you hold select wait till it blinks then press reset to get the light off i already did this to my blur twice already
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Excellent point and one that my dealer just made to me too. Yes, I've changed the oil twice but did not reset the counter. I think that I'm just past 1800 miles, so that would seem to fit. I'll try that after dinner and expect that it will go out. Tricky!

Also, my dealer said that he received the diagnostic testing cable from Genuine some time back and he invited me to borrow it or to visit the dealership this weekend to see if we can get to the bottom of the TPS issue. He has received no additional updates on that issue from Genuine after a couple of attempts at emailing his assigned tech there.
Rovers SC
Bjc617

Post by Bjc617 »

yea you deff need to reset the counter happened to me until i figured it out and never happened again. Let me know how that goes with the idling issue cause i would also like to fix it on mine it doesn't bother me but shouldn't be happening
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I will do that (in the right thread :oops:) and yes, the reset worked very well. I don't know if having the oil light come on is a good way to communicate that the mileage indicates that the oil needs changing... I looked down and almost schmidt my pants!
Now I know, and I'll reset it when I change the oil from now on. I wonder how one tells when it's properly reset?
Rovers SC
Bjc617

Post by Bjc617 »

when u reset it light goes off that means it worked lol
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

But what if it's not on (i.e. my next oil change)? Apparently it only comes on every 1800 miles and I just reset it today. Oil will be changed within a week or two. I guess that I'll get by, somehow 8)
Rovers SC
Bjc617

Post by Bjc617 »

well what i do is just calculate the miles before you change the oil. if the light comes on after the change just shut the light off