My Blur Review

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RVRoadTrip

My Blur Review

Post by RVRoadTrip »

Just bought my Blur recently and after going through the motions, I finished my initial review. You can read it online at http://rvroadtrip.us/scooternation/gear_blur.asp if you're interested.

Stay safe!
gtmotor

Post by gtmotor »

"The bike is a 220cc sport scooter. It is one of the few scooters available from any manufacturer that the average man won't look like a sissy boy riding. "

LOL :lol:

I think I'll film a 0-60 run on mine this weekend and put it on YouTube. It's definitely faster than most 250 cc motorcycles due to it's light weight. I dusted my buddies Honda Rebel last weekend in a friendly race to the speed limit (45 mph) 8) I need to find a Ninja 250R and see how it fares against a true quarter-liter sport bike
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

good review ... njoy the scoot!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

Welcome to Genuine land. Looking at your sight great stuff! :D
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Nice review in plain and simple language. Congratulations on your purchase, you have joined a small, but growing, group of sport-scooter enthusiasts.

"Just an importer" is a pretty bold statement about Genuine. With the additional specifications and changes that they make to the scoots for the U.S. and of course with their dealings with our friends from DOT and EPA I know that it's a LOT of work. From what I understand, it's a full time job for their small staff and then some. Add the Scooterworks parts business to the mix and you can see why the small staff at Genuine is sometimes stretched pretty thin.

The first service at the dealer is pretty standard across the scooter, motorcycle and ATV board. They want someone who (ideally) knows what's going on with the vehicle to get the first look. I imagine that some dealers might be a bit expensive on the first service, but that's really out of Genuine's hands.

We had no trouble tying down my Blur when it had to go to the repair center. Yes, it took some time, and yes, I was a picky pain in the ass with the two truck guy to try to avoid more damage to the scoot, but it did just fine. I don't know if an importer or even the manufacturer should be blamed for tie-down strap difficulties. That having been said, I bet that your Ruckeses were easy to tie-down with all that naked tubing! Way different scoots for sure.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com