derbi vs blur 220i

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ggs34

derbi vs blur 220i

Post by ggs34 »

ok i had a derbi gp1 years ago and was wondering if any one overseas has tested the new blur 220i? against the new derbi and if the blur was just as good as the derbi sport scooter thanks bump
ScooterLou

Post by ScooterLou »

Shit I had to google Derbi. Now I want one. Do they still make the 250cc model? Can u get them in the U.S.? If they only make 50cc I still would rather have the blur.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Derbi is a Spanish brand, there was an importer several years ago that brought in a few models and didn't promote them very well, then they got bought out and the new importer built a warehouse in Oregon and filled it with parts and bikes and was about to re-launch the brand and… the Piaggio Group bought Derbi and decided not to sell them here.

The GP1 was a nice bike, a friend of mine has one but i've never ridden it. As far as I know, all GP1s were 50cc, so the Blur 220i is going to destroy it on acceleration and top speed (though I think the GP1 was a water-cooled 2-stroke, and was very tunable, that and the Aprilia SR50 were fast for 50ccs!) The Blur will be heavier and bigger. The Blur has great handling, too, the suspension and breaks are really good by any standard. I'd say build quality's pretty similar.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.