new top speed record and speedo question!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

blurblaine

new top speed record and speedo question!

Post by blurblaine »

Just wanted to let everyone know that i attained what i believe to be the new high speed record on a blur 150 by reaching 108 mph today (That's 173.8 kilometers per hour)!!

I was on my 25 mile long, back roads journey to work this morning when i thought i'd try a high speed run. As I approached the longest straight away that would be perfect for this test I looked down to find that the digital speedo (I switched out the stock Blur 150 'clock' for the newer PGO G-Max cluster with digital speedo 2 years ago) was glitching and randomly changing numbers on the digital readout every second or two. Everything remained in mph, but the numbers flashed from 62 to 35 to 0, where it then looked like it was resetting and started climbing up to above 30, when it started jumping around again to 78, 42, and then the magic 108 appeared! 2 seconds later it returned to actual speed of 65 and then worked correctly for the next 5 miles or so. Just before reaching work, I noticed it glitching again for a few seconds before functioning properly.

I've recently noticed the tach glitch threads, but has anyone had speedo issues?
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!