Odometer and Speedo Error

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

omniphil

Odometer and Speedo Error

Post by omniphil »

Got done with some long distance testing and I found the odometer to be 6.3% high.
The Speedo is 15.5% high, yikes!

The downside is I was getting what I thought was 70mpg, but in reality with the odometer error its only 65.5mpg. Still good however...

Just figured I would share some data... I'm not a fan of inaccurate instrumentation.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Apparently the BDUs transferred over to the 220s :shock: I prefer to remain in ignorance of the new world standard.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

Rippinyarn wrote:Apparently the BDUs transferred over to the 220s :shock: I prefer to remain in ignorance of the new world standard.
Most motorcycles has Speedo's that read high, but usually the Odometer is pretty close.

Very odd... Makes the gas mileage look better than it really is?
Rush

Some Blur Stats

Post by Rush »

I rode with my Garmin last night and got the same results on my 2010 Blur 220i. Bike has 3k miles since Fool's Day 2011. I weigh 155 pounds with gear.

Top Speed on Flat Road (with and without the Windshield) = 71mph
Top Speed on Decline (with and without Windshield) = 75mph
Speedometer = 16% optimistic
Mileage = 6.7% optimistic
MPG = 65 BDU/gallon with hard acceleration and high speeds (I've gotten much higher mpg on the Blur with less aggressive scootin)

I'm wondering if these would change with 13.5 sliders and the DP HiT Clutch or if it would just chance acceleration and feel.
omniphil

Re: Some Blur Stats

Post by omniphil »

Rush wrote:I rode with my Garmin last night and got the same results on my 2010 Blur 220i. Bike has 3k miles since Fool's Day 2011. I weigh 155 pounds with gear.

Top Speed on Flat Road (with and without the Windshield) = 71mph
Top Speed on Decline (with and without Windshield) = 75mph
Speedometer = 16% optimistic
Mileage = 6.7% optimistic
MPG = 65 BDU/gallon with hard acceleration and high speeds (I've gotten much higher mpg on the Blur with less aggressive scootin)

I'm wondering if these would change with 13.5 sliders and the DP HiT Clutch or if it would just chance acceleration and feel.
I have the 13.5 gram sliders, doesn't seem to change top speed much if at all. Someone makes a Clutch for the Blur? Can you send me a link?

I have also used 14 gram sliders and I think I prefer those a little better as the motor doesn't seem to rev so high all the time...
Rush

Post by Rush »

The clutch is discussed here -

topic16955.html

It's not clear to me what the advantage is of the performance clutch... or if it worth $300 in parts + labor to install + possibly voiding the genuine warranty.
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

Rush wrote:The clutch is discussed here -

topic16955.html

It's not clear to me what the advantage is of the performance clutch... or if it worth $300 in parts + labor to install + possibly voiding the genuine warranty.
Hmmm, not too much info about a clutch there. So Buggy Parts sells them?