2 up riding?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Edwub

2 up riding?

Post by Edwub »

How comfortable is it for the rear passenger? Looks like from the sloped seat you'd be up higher than on on a buddy 150/170. Going in to see one today, forgot to ask for opinions earlier.
Is it enough space to feel secure?
And does the slope make the driver feel a bit more crowded than maybe on a buddy?
Cheers.
chillas61210

2 up on the blur

Post by chillas61210 »

My wife and I ride 2 up on my blur, we are not small people either. I site forward in the seat for her to have room but i am ok doing it. The main issue with the blue in general is the seat is unfortable for anyone driver or passanger wether you are riding 2 up or not. I love my blur though. We have a top box on are blur so it gives her a place to rest against and makes it feel more secure. The seat is bigger than a 170 for sure and they are not very comfortable for riding 2 up for the passanger no great place for there feet.
Lindsay
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

No issues here either. 2 of us and gear works just fine, would be nice to have some more power on the freeway, but we rode 2 up for 50 miles on the freeway last night, works ok.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ What kind of speeds were you rollin' 2 up? Just curious how it did?
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

viney266 wrote:^^^ What kind of speeds were you rollin' 2 up? Just curious how it did?
I usually am doing 70mph indicated, which is 60 mph. 7300rpms or so...

I am 195 lbs, she is 115, and with maybe about 10-15 lbs of gear. So total we are pretty much right at the 330lbs load limit.

It works, it wont go much faster unless I catch some down hill or just sit at wide open throttle which i want to avoid...
chillas61210

Post by chillas61210 »

The blur really isn't designed to go wot at 70mpg down the freeway. We only take ours on back roads but i have no trouble going 60 and we are over the load limit and not by just a little bit. We love it!
Lindsay