how is rhe ride on a blur

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ggs34

how is rhe ride on a blur

Post by ggs34 »

i have a buddy and it feels like your going to find every rough bump on the rode very tough ride how is it on a blur does it take bumps better than my buddy ? or is it worse?
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

The short answer is yes - both better and worse. I rode the Buddy 170 and my Blur 220 back to back this week and the rides are pretty comparable. The Blur is more stiffly sprung, but has slightly bigger tires/wheels (12 vs. 10), and is heavier with a slightly longer wheelbase. The Buddy is softer sprung, but has smaller tires/wheels and is lighter, with a shorter wheelbase.

The Blur, especially at the recommended 30 psi front and back, rides very firmly but has great precision to avoid major road imperfections. The Buddy is light enough and flickable too. All things considered, I'd say that the Buddy rides smoother, as the struts and shock are softer, even just out of the crate. Remember that shocks will "settle" after some use, just like the way the engine loosens up after some miles get put on it.

On the bright side, I bet that your roads aren't as bad as mine in and around Detroit.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I"ll bet both would be better with upgraded suspension parts. OEM stuff on most bikes is junk, I"m sure scooters are the same
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

And of course, check your air pressure. When I brought my Blur home from the shop, both tires were over 40 psi :shock:

I run my Blur at 28 front/30 rear, mostly for comfort. The book says 28 (converted), the sticker says 30, so I think that I'm good.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

The 220 is a true sport-cycle ride. Even on it's cushiest setting it is firm. The 13" wheels handle bumps, ruts, etc. quite well but I would never call it cushy.
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

irishtim wrote:The 220 is a true sport-cycle ride. Even on it's cushiest setting it is firm. The 13" wheels handle bumps, ruts, etc. quite well but I would never call it cushy.
We have different suspension settings?
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

omniphil wrote:
irishtim wrote:The 220 is a true sport-cycle ride. Even on it's cushiest setting it is firm. The 13" wheels handle bumps, ruts, etc. quite well but I would never call it cushy.
We have different suspension settings?
I don't think we have adjustable suspension (compression damping, rebound) on the Blur, but you might be able to change the fork oil level or viscosity to adjust the properties.
Mikie M.

Post by Mikie M. »

[quote="irishtim"]The 220 is a true sport-cycle ride. Even on it's cushiest setting it is firm. The 13" wheels handle bumps, ruts, etc. quite well but I would never call it cushy.[/quote]

If, by "true sport cycle ride", you mean as compared to a motorcycle, you couldn't be more wrong. Put it next to a Ninja 250 and head for the twisties and see who comes out on top. After about an hour your butt will be so sore you'll wand to go home, and the Ninja will be so far out front that you won't be able to see it.
ggs34

blur rough ride

Post by ggs34 »

so is the sport city 250 by aprilia a better choice than the blur?
Mikie M.

Re: blur rough ride

Post by Mikie M. »

[quote="ggs34"]so is the sport city 250 by aprilia a better choice than the blur?[/quote]

If you have no others parameters, it's the Aprilia, by far.
ggs34

blur ride

Post by ggs34 »

if the ride it that rough why dosnt genuine come up with new shocks you and adjust like on the black jack mabe from nyc or the upgraed the black jack they sure could make extra cash on upgrades and keep owerns happy and keep there bikes on the rode and they would sell a lot more of them it would be more of a better bike just my thoughts
davelhunter

Best to ride one

Post by davelhunter »

Best thing would be to find someone who has a Blur and ride one to see for yourself. I am 5'10", 180lb. and I have owned 2 Blurs. A 150 & a 220i. I have gone on 3 hour rides with no discomfort at all. I really don't understand the complaints about the Blur seat. I have none at all. I am also used to riding sport bikes & dirt bikes, but to me the Blur seat and seating position is perfectly comfortable. I think it's the best sport scooter out there right now.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I don't love the blur seat but I think the suspension is great. But it's all personal preference. It's fun to bounce around on an old Vespa or a Buddy, but the tighter suspension on the Blur gives you way better handling and braking.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I wish the blur 220 had an adjustable, better quality shock...Come on Scooterworks! :D ...Other than being stiff it rides great.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
turboscott

Re: blur rough ride

Post by turboscott »

ggs34 wrote:so is the sport city 250 by aprilia a better choice than the blur?
I'm still scratching my head on this response....why even bring up the N250? Wasn't the comment really in regards to scooters? So if a N250 is a true "Sport" ride IYO...doesn't IT get knocked out of that category by a GSXR-750 or any other "TRUE" sport bike who will be out of site from the start? You compared an apple to an orange...upright and sport positions. You really don't think a Blur is more sport intention built than a Stella or Buddy (or any other Retro scoot) or were you just saying it as reference???
Voodoo "BOB" lights, Blur Rear Rack, SHAD SH40 Top Case, Brunton Fuel Cells, Garmin Nuvi with Ram Mount, Go Pro Hero 2 with Mount