The dearth of used Blur ss220i scooters...

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

killbilly

The dearth of used Blur ss220i scooters...

Post by killbilly »

So my ad has been on CL now for a week and I've had no takers. Part of the problem, I think, is that the Blur is for a specialized buyer, and it's mixed in with a 150 ads for a lot of off-brand Chinese scooters.

So I went over to CycleTrader and did a nationwide search.

I found exactly 3 used ones. Only 3. Of all the used ones, only one was at my asking price of $2900, and it had 2200 miles on it.

Point being, there aren't that many out there. I'd have thought I'd have had an interested buyer by now, but apparently not. I may have to take it with me to DC after all.
chub1965

Post by chub1965 »

the blur is a specialized scoot but the real problem may be that people just are not aware just how good a scoot it is.i know it has gotten rave reviews but if people have never seen or heard of it, they dont have a reason to look at the reviews.my suggestion is yes take it to washington and once there list it again on craigslist in dc and richmond,i am sure you will have a better response.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Try advertising it for what it really is, a PGO G-Max 220i. You may get some hits if someone from overseas (living here in the U.S.) sees it since scooters of this type is the norm everywhere else in the world.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

You"re probably right though. Most people just think its a very high price when I can get that awesome one off-line for 1500 bucks brand new!!...Oh yeah, its awesome all right.

Good luck on the sale...Maybe mention in the ad that its high quality and not junk ( word it a bit more professional than that )
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

As I let you know, I'm interested. Overall, I haven't decided what to get from the dealership (170 vs 220).

The cost saving of buying yours used is super duper attractive. But the lack of transferrable warranty scares me a lot It worked out fine for my last scooter I bought and eventually sold on craigslist, but the Blur is a biggun, and I worry that if anything happend it'll cost me more and I'll go "arghhh should have bought new."

And we all know that very well have nothing to do with you at all; sometimes "bad luck" happens. I know it did once or twice to yours and thankfully the shop fixed it up.

What do other people think? How important is the warranty protection for an essentially new model? More of a general question, but it's clear to be specific killbilly loves and takes great care of his, so I know it's not a gamble on the previous owner - just luck.

These babies are JUST starting to roll out in California.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Like I mentioned in the ad, the bike only has 360 mi on it. If it doesn't sell in the next couple of weeks I'm just gonna say "eff it" and take the thing with me to DC when my stuff all goes out there in December.

PGO is pretty darn reliable. The problem I had was an issue that - in retrospect - was probably caused by the dealer rather than by Genuine. I really, really tried to paint them in a good light, but the local dealer here has kinda gone downhill. They don't return calls effectively, and their parts and service turnaround has been kinda slow from what I hear from other owners.

They are a very...well..."Austin" shop. The fact that 3 out of the last 4 times I've stopped by - DURING THEIR PUBLISHED BUSINESS HOURS they've managed to be closed kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Don't think I'll be doing business with them again.

I dropped the price to $2900 yesterday and I'm not going any lower on it. I can tell you that it would cost about $400-500 to ship it to L.A. - so you have to ask yourself if the savings are worth the warranty, I guess.

With the exception of the rear fender mod, I've got less than $100 in upgrades on it.

If I keep it, I'm installing a stereo and probably a rear-video camera like Dave Hunter did on his a while back. If I'm gonna keep it, I might as well pimp it out. :)

Oh, and possibly an old-style Chinese Nationalist flag (pre-revolution) on it somewhere. That would kinda look neat in the right place.
gsw1

I'll buy your Blur...

Post by gsw1 »

...let me know if it is still available.

gsw1
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

'Tis not. Sold last week.