Leaking Oil Cooler

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RVRoadTrip

Leaking Oil Cooler

Post by RVRoadTrip »

Just noticed I have a leak on the oil cooler on my 2011 Blur 220. I have been checking the oil level regularly and noticed a slight drop in level so today when I changed the oil and filter, I cleaned the whole area very well so I could see where it was originating.

My initial thought was that I did not tighten the filter sufficiently but that was not the case. After changing the oil and filter, I took a 4 mile round trip ride and came back and found evidence of fresh oil on the oil cooler but absolutely none around the filter itself.

So Tuesday, it is going to the dealer. Grrr....
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Maybe you can just try tightening the hose fittings on the cooler? There's only two...
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
RVRoadTrip

Post by RVRoadTrip »

Already did that. Even checked the tightness of all the allen screws. Dealer says he cannot get a replacement oil cooler or replacement tach due to lack of availability.

It is looking like small claims court might be my only option.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I don't know about the oil cooler, but I've had two new tachs already delivered from Genuine (one installed and now working great, one sent back with my broken one). I'd be very surprised if Genuine doesn't have x number of spare parts for each component on the Blur 220. The "initial spares allotment" or whatever is usually part of the first shipment. Is your dealer in contact with Genuine? What is the status of your scoot (at dealership)?
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
RVRoadTrip

Post by RVRoadTrip »

I fired off an email to Philip at Genuine and was told they were sending a gasket for the oil cooler and that they are waiting on PGO to produce a new batch of tach assemblies before sending a replacement. No ETA on the new tach assemblies. Sounds reasonable to me.