aprilia sr300 max

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ggs34

aprilia sr300 max

Post by ggs34 »

Hay check out this hot ride.I do not know if the are going to bring this to the usa. But man does it look nice. WOW http://www.aprilia.com/en-US/Model/7604 ... rview.aspx . May be this will give the blur a run for it money if they do bring it here?
Last edited by ggs34 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScooterLou

Post by ScooterLou »

That does look pretty sweet. I'm hoping Honda brings the Faze to the U.S. too. But I'd get in line for either of those
Stoney rs

Post by Stoney rs »

Aprilla makes a bike called the Atlantic 300 I don't think it's sold hear if it do come hear I'm on line first.
killbilly

Post by killbilly »

Aprilia used to sell the Atlantic in the states. I don't know if they still do, but it was definitely available at one time.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

killbilly wrote:Aprilia used to sell the Atlantic in the states. I don't know if they still do, but it was definitely available at one time.
I see them on Craigslist from time-to-time.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

While the SR300 does look great, I'm not sure if your typical American is ready for such a sports/touring scoot. Basically, the U.S. lags behind most of the world when it comes to anything automotive/motorcycle related. We don't even get one of the sportier cars from own domestic manufacturer; the Ford Focus RS - 305 HP @325 lb-ft torque. Availabe for sale everywhere except here.

If they should bring the SR300 into the U.S., it would probably cost way more than most would want to pay - my guesstimate is around $6500 - $7000. Two of it's main competitors might be the Yamaha X-MAX 250 Sport and Gilera Nexus 300, neither of which are available in the U.S. The Gilera Nexus 300 is essentially the same bike under a different name. Both companies (Aprilia & Gilera) fall under the Piaggio banner somewhat like Plymouth/Dodge/Chrysler, Chevy/Cadillac/Pontiac/GMC, etc.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
ScooterLou

Post by ScooterLou »

I feel like a horse chasing a carrot on the end of a stick. Sigh
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

babblefish wrote: We don't even get one of the sportier cars from own domestic manufacturer; the Ford Focus RS - 305 HP @325 lb-ft torque. Availabe for sale everywhere except here.
Just because it would be $37k+ and Ford rightly knows that is not their market in the U.S. for a Focus-sized vehicle. The Focus "ST" IS coming out here next year and I got to check it out during the Woodward Dream Cruise this past weekend. It is awesome, but final pricing wasn't available. It features the eco-boost four cylinder at 248 hp and 230 torque, which should be just fine.

I think that the premium scooter market here is very, very small. Like tens of scooters small. I wonder if BMW will even play in that market over here with their new maxi scooter... it would most likely be at the top of the market over here.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Stoney rs

Post by Stoney rs »

I guess your right on that. I am a car guy but the price of fuel is out of control. My car only accept 92 octane using it for work doing 300 + miles a week it gets expensive at 25 mpg. I'm glad I bought a scooter the blur in particular. But we need for the rest of America to realize how good of an idea it is. I feel better going to work can't wait to get up to ride. But with more people interested the more parts we can get and the more choices we will have in scooters. I'm glad genuine took the chance on bringing the blur back because I feel nothing else matches it for the price. When I started looking at scooters I saw the t max liked it but larger size than I wanted and it cost more than I could handle at the time.
scooterjon
Banned

Post by scooterjon »

Wait the 125 puts out 15 hp :shock: doesn't the blur 220 put out 16 hp what gives?

The single-cylinder, 4-stroke, 4 valve 125 version, equipped with electronic injection, reaches a power of 15 HP at 9,250 rpm: the maximum power and torque values are absolute benchmarks and ensure quick acceleration and disciplined pick up for the Aprilia SR Max, all to the advantage of perfect gear fluidity.
Stoney rs

Post by Stoney rs »

I know the aprilla has more power but I understand technology cost. The more you have in it the more you charge for it. What the blur lacks in technology it makes up in engine size witch is cheaper. Is America willing to pay $8000 for a blur I don't think so.
ScooterLou

Post by ScooterLou »

Stoney rs wrote:I know the aprilla has more power but I understand technology cost. The more you have in it the more you charge for it. What the blur lacks in technology it makes up in engine size witch is cheaper. Is America willing to pay $8000 for a blur I don't think so.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. But I can't imagine that the SR125 or 300 would be anywhere near $8000 if they brought them to the US. Do you have any foreign prices to see what it would cost in US dollars?
ScooterLou

Post by ScooterLou »

Just converted the European price to US dollars. It would be about $6250 which is high considering what a 250 cc sport bike would go for. But not bad if you compare to a Vespa GTS. Problem being 99.999% of US riders are going to go for the sport bike. I have been seeing more and more scooters in upstate New York. But until the scooter culture becomes more prevalent in the US and people start to realize how much fun and economical scooters can be, it's doubtful that we will be seeing any of these sport scoots anytime soon. I just hope we continue to have the Blur as an option until more competition for it exists.
Stoney rs

Post by Stoney rs »

I'm saying if the blur was redesigned larger wheels four valve head liquid cooling beefed up tranny to handle the added power. Plus whatever else needed. And I'm guesstamating out the door price.
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

ScooterLou wrote:Just converted the European price to US dollars. It would be about $6250 which is high considering what a 250 cc sport bike would go for. But not bad if you compare to a Vespa GTS. Problem being 99.999% of US riders are going to go for the sport bike. I have been seeing more and more scooters in upstate New York. But until the scooter culture becomes more prevalent in the US and people start to realize how much fun and economical scooters can be, it's doubtful that we will be seeing any of these sport scoots anytime soon. I just hope we continue to have the Blur as an option until more competition for it exists.
I'd be satisfied if there were enough scooters in this area to support a scooter shop again. Right now we're back to just the Japanese offerings, which primarily means Honda and Yamaha since Suzuki only sells the Burgs here.

Then there's the Yamaha place that sells Vespas. I wonder how that's working out for him in this economy. I see a few about but no great number.
ggs34

aprilia sr300

Post by ggs34 »

My dealer told me this is coming to usa in spring no idea what the price will be yet. so it will be fun to test ride this baby oh ya
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

The styling is strikingly similar to the Blur (which is even more strikingly similar to the Peugeot Jetforce), but it lacks the trick suspension. The engine is liquid cooled and slightly larger (59cc) than the 220. On a heavier bike that might not amount to much. I'd wager it is significantly faster in a straight line than the Blur, but I'll bet you its old school suspension can't match the Blur in the twistys. It would be interesting to match them up, with so much similar and so much different.
ScooterLou

Post by ScooterLou »

There is a video on YouTube of someone from Greece test riding this scoot(don't know how to post the link). The quality of the video is good and the fit and finish look awful nice.
ggs34

sr300

Post by ggs34 »

My dealer said it is based to on the sr50 factory.Iif you ever rode that bike it

has one of the best sport suspenion out there. Will will see when it gets here