Anyone install sliders in their 220i yet? Performance #'s?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

davelhunter

Anyone install sliders in their 220i yet? Performance #'s?

Post by davelhunter »

I just ordered a set of Dr. Pulley Sliders for my 220i. I decided to go with 13.5 gr since stock weight is 14g. On my old Blur 150 I went down in weight and gained acceleration and top speed. Just wandering if anyone has done this and actually measured the before and after results. I am going to do this when I get mine in next week. I am still waiting for the J.Costa variator to come out for the 220i. I am going to purchase one as soon as they (hopefully) are released.
omniphil

Re: Anyone install sliders in their 220i yet? Performance #'

Post by omniphil »

davelhunter wrote:I just ordered a set of Dr. Pulley Sliders for my 220i. I decided to go with 13.5 gr since stock weight is 14g. On my old Blur 150 I went down in weight and gained acceleration and top speed. Just wandering if anyone has done this and actually measured the before and after results. I am going to do this when I get mine in next week. I am still waiting for the J.Costa variator to come out for the 220i. I am going to purchase one as soon as they (hopefully) are released.
I have tried both the 13.5's and the 14's. I think I actually prefer the 14's personally. I ride alot of highway and the 14's seems to be better suited for that.

There is a little bit of acceleration gain, its not huge, but it helps a bit...

Just make double sure you install them correctly as I didn't the first time ;)
Rush

Post by Rush »

Omniphil how did the 14g sliders improve performance on the expressway? Lower rpms?
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

Rush wrote:Omniphil how did the 14g sliders improve performance on the expressway? Lower rpms?
Yup, dropped the rpm's a tiny bit as the sliders allow the belt to ride a little higher in the variator, making the effective gearing taller. Its not a big change, but anything that brings rpm's down on the freeway is welcomed...
viney266

Re: Anyone install sliders in their 220i yet? Performance #'

Post by viney266 »

omniphil wrote:
Just make double sure you install them correctly as I didn't the first time ;)
^^^ You're not the first person LOL...I always look at the pic on the lid of the rollers to get it right, and pay attention to where DR is written and that helps get it right :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?