Seat Latch

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SevenhertZ

Seat Latch

Post by SevenhertZ »

For some reason my latch on my seat has started to act up. Both trying to close and trying to open. Anyone have this problem? Any idea if a lube or something could fix this?
TygerCub

Post by TygerCub »

Mine is doing the same thing. It may be cooler weather? If anyone knows of a fix, I'd love to hear it.
SevenhertZ

fix

Post by SevenhertZ »

so i put a water proof lubricant i bought at home depot on the u bolt that is on the seat. i also put it in the latch in the seat and things are a lot better. i alos put a flat head screw driver in the latch to make sure it was working ok. It isn't at 100% but it is def working almost perfect. If you have any other questions let me know.
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

How many miles / how much usage?

My lock was funky when I first got it: it was difficult to latch, and I assumed the parts needed to wear in. By 500/600 miles it started to close just fine.

Once I hit around 1200 miles though, it's started acting up - turning the key doesn't pop it up. A few times, it actually doesn't do anything (won't unlatch it either) - I need to tug the seat then try with the key again.

I'll try lubricant.
TygerCub

Post by TygerCub »

Yeah, mine does the same thing. Almost 2100 miles at this point. It's my daily driver, so she sits in the rain at work. I think I just need to get in there and hit it with some grease. Later... when it's not raining. :roll: