intermit Bogging down Blurr

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

llnc1075

intermit Bogging down Blurr

Post by llnc1075 »

what up everyone hope someone can help me out .. i have a blur 220 been driving it for about a week now took it out a few times during the winter runs great I have 1348miles on the thing i put 93 in it gas wise i have this little problem when I take off on a flat on ramp trying to pick up speed i give it about 3/4 throttle and it intermitly boggs down once I get up to speed its good I thought it would have somthing to do with the cold wind ??? it about 53 around here these days in ny any ideas ??
thanks
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

By bogs, do you mean that it stops accelerating and won't go any faster or does it actually lose speed? Does it fell like you're trying to accelerate through molasses?

53° temps aren't nearly cold enough to have any kind of affect.

Has it been doing this the entire time you've had it?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
llnc1075

Post by llnc1075 »

I don't lose speed it just feels like when I give it gas it holds back then takes off and this just started this year
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

On a carbureted scooter, different passages control different parts of the rev range, so i'd suspect one of the passages is jammed and the carb needs to be cleaned. But you have fuel injectors so I'm not sure how that translates.

Maybe try idling on the stand and VERY SLOWLY accellerating, when it starts to bog, back off a little and try again, that might clear it out, if that doesn't work, I'd have the injector checked out.

Also look for airleaks in the fuel system, cylinder head, and engine cases.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I'd go back to regular grade gas or mid-grade, and also run a small amount of something like Sea Foam (maybe one oz per tank). Try to give us some more information too - will it do it on the stand at all? Do the revs drop when you experience this? I've had the same feeling when riding on a windy day, sort of like running into a soft wall. Really noticeable.

You may also try to recalibrate the injection system by holding the throttle wide open and turning the key on (don't start it). You will hear a little whiring going on for a second or two. Release the throttle and turn the key to the off position. Let us know if that helps.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Rippinyarn wrote:You may also try to recalibrate the injection system by
holding the throttle wide open and turning the key on (don't start it). You will hear a little whiring going on for a second or two. Release the throttle and turn the key to the off position. Let us know if that helps.
Does it reset if you disconnect the battery? Just curious; that's how the Vespa EFIs work.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

The service paperwork from Genuine asks dealers to re-initialize the EFI sensors after a battery-disconnect service or if there is a the possibility that the battery was disconnected or dead when the Blur (of Buddy 170, I'd imagine) was brought it.

I don't know what it does (probably runs the IAC valve through its min and max and verifies that back to the ECU), but it seems to work. It's generally the first thing that they suggest when some sort of problem is encountered.
Rovers SC
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I forgot to mention in my advice, any time you're revving on the stand, remember that a small bump, wind, or even centrifugal force could knock the bike off the stand, so do it on a very flat surface and be very careful not to let the bike take off without you. Kinda obvious, but it's easier than you'd think to send it flying.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
llnc1075

Post by llnc1075 »

ya I was riding it home today and I got that wind thing you guys were talking about LOL but I am going to try that reset of the ECU it has been sitting all winter in a Heated Boiler room at my firehouse I will let you guys know how I made out and 2nd of all I do have to take it for an oil change its not due for one but I wanna put fresh oil in it for the season and I will tell the Dealer about it I do have a 2 year warrenty LOL
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

llnc1075 wrote:it has been sitting all winter in a Heated Boiler room at my firehouse
I wonder if the injector is clogged? Maybe run some injector cleaner through it?

~SM
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

You can also drain the fuel that is ready to enter the injector by pressing the little rubber cap with the shiny button on the top on the injector stack. It's accessible without removing the under seat storage bucket, just pull up the little hatch and (with the scoot not running) press it and a tiny amount of fuel should run out of the overflow tube and onto the floor. It shouldn't make any difference at all since you've been running the scoot, but it might "clear" some gunk that's sitting on top of the injector. It can't hurt. No smoking, but it's like three drops of fuel.
Rovers SC
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

ericalm wrote:
Rippinyarn wrote:You may also try to recalibrate the injection system by
holding the throttle wide open and turning the key on (don't start it). You will hear a little whiring going on for a second or two. Release the throttle and turn the key to the off position. Let us know if that helps.
Does it reset if you disconnect the battery? Just curious; that's how the Vespa EFIs work.
I disconnected my battery to do some work with LED's. It seemed to me that yes, the EFI did reset following the disconnect. Idle was off for a day or so, then everything came back into line.
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

And Eric I think you are right not only in regards to Vespa EFI but most all vehicles with EFI and a computer controlling them. I guess the memory is erased when the battery is disconnected so the computer must relearn.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_8077010_car-r ... ected.html
llnc1075

Post by llnc1075 »

so I just got my blur back from the dealer after a month they found out what the problem was it was a bad wire main harness put a new one its been great ever since
davelhunter

My wiring harness was replaced also

Post by davelhunter »

I also had my wiring harness replaced. I was having surging while at idle. After Genuine replaced the main wiring harness the bike runs perfect now.