Questions from sweden

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Third Eye

Questions from sweden

Post by Third Eye »

Hi there!
It´s super! I´m from sweden and i have ordered a PGO G-max brand spanking new. Untested and i have not seen one IRL.
Bought it totally based on god reviews around the world.
Just now i learned that the Genuine Blur is the same scooter as the PGO and whole new forum-world opened with info, sadly when i read what you guys say about the scooter i am worrying about things like rev-counters, overheating and sore asses due to bad seat?

Is i really that bad or am i just worrying about small things? Is there anyone who have one without any problems at all?
Kawasaki GPZ1000rx -87 --> 50cc unrestricted Baotian Classic scooter -07 --> Lifan 125cc scooter -05 and now a PGO G-max 220 EFI -12
hg3

Post by hg3 »

I sure hope you get a lot of replies - cause i am considering the purchase of a Blur. :fp:
Tam Tam

Can never tell

Post by Tam Tam »

i test rode the Blur myself - my only concerns were my short inseam leaving me on tippy toes at a stop light, and that it didn't look comfy for two up. But it rode like a boss - a true sport scooter.

I bought a Blackjack, then a Stella - and both of those have had hassles. Sometimes I even yelled at them, the Stella more, usually along the lines of "Vintage my ass! I'm gonna your vintage crap and buy a Honda!" And then I'll yell at the Blackjack " Aw C'MON! You're supposed to be the reliable one!"

But I love them bunches and bunches.

Bear in mind, if everyone was posting about how much they dug their Blurs, or any scooter on this forum, it would be like 1000 posts a day. Be happy, enjoy it, ride it like hell, and if it breaks, fix that machine and keep riding!!!
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

Welcome to this forum!! I also found it invaluable when I was thinking about my Blur. I bought one in August and love it.

I posted extensive opinions on it a few months ago.

I recommend reading this thread:
topic21197.html

It has a lot of info in it from past and present Blur riders!

Cheers!
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Love my Blur and yes, it has a few issues (I'm soon to be on my second REPLACEMENT tach!), but they can be addressed. I'm around 7k miles in two years (I have a few scoots), and it's still my favorite scooter, ever.

In case you missed it: http://www.examiner.com/article/scooter ... -year-2010
Last edited by Rippinyarn on Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Third Eye

Post by Third Eye »

Ok, it all sounds promising then:-)
To bad i did not got the scooter today as promised:-( A whole weekend more to wait.
I´m truly glad that i found this forum, a lots of more info (both good an bad) about th model.

What i don´t find is possibility to upgrade power etc, there is not much performance parts at all out there (cdi, gears).

Have a nice weekend:)
Kawasaki GPZ1000rx -87 --> 50cc unrestricted Baotian Classic scooter -07 --> Lifan 125cc scooter -05 and now a PGO G-max 220 EFI -12
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

Hello! I wouldn't have the buyers remorse at this point. I think you will really enjoy the scoot overall. I only got mine to overheat once and even then the engine management forces the scoot to enter "safe mode" and prevent something really bad from happening which is what should be happening I think. Also, it was 95 degrees that day (35 celsius) My tach died as well so I guess keep an eye out about that, since mine is under warranty I have no idea what a replacement would cost but your bike should have a warranty too I assume. I'm 6'3" 220 lbs and I think my seat is relatively comfortable. Doing a couple hour ride again Friday to our clubs rally this weekend so I'll have another stab at the seat again here soon.

All in all I love the thing even with the issues that have arisen. I think you will too.
Third Eye

Post by Third Eye »

I´m sure i´m going to like the bike:-)
It´s more the feeling to spend 4,600 USD on something i´ve not tested at all.
In a way, it was not until i found this forum i felt sure enough to put up the down payment:-)
The price is with all taxes and fees includet, but i think they are more expensive here in Sweden than the US.

The heat problem should not be a big issue for me i think, we rarely got temps over 90 degree here, a few weeks in the summer tops.

In all ways, i´m pretty sure i´m going to be more satisfied over my PGO/Genuine than the Chinese Lifan scooter i had earlier.

Thanx to you all i feel good over my spontaneous buy:-)
hg3

Post by hg3 »

:lol:

Keep us informed as your history builds with your Blur.
Third Eye

Post by Third Eye »

It´s here:-) And i have put 150 kilometers on it:-) (miles?)
And here is what i think of it so far:
It was tall! i´m 176 cm and i have the tip of the toes in the ground in stand-still, the god thing is i am higher up in traffic, i´m visible.
My gas consumption is pretty high, even higher than my eco-car (1,6l diesel), but it´s due to all the fun:-)

Super sturdy frame! Compared to my earlier Lifan 216...that was more like driving a boiled spaghetti-string...it goes where i put my front wheel. And the brakes are race class ii think.

After a 100 kilometer i pulled full throttle for short times and i´m in fact a bit disappointed!? I can reach ca 105 km/h on a flat road and it takes a long time reaching it:-/ It is what my Lifan was capable of. Is this going to loosing up the more i put miles on it? After the first service with new fresh oil?
I did not buy it for the top speed of course, but i thought 220cc was more capable.

The acceleration on the other hand is fantastic:-) The frame, brakes and the acceleration does the PGO the right buy for me.

And even after a sore ass after a few hours on the über-stiff sadle i´m still smiling.
I love it....and it looks kind of cool:-)
skully93

Post by skully93 »

good review!

Keep in mind most of these get a little more top end and better gas mileage after a @1500 miles (my non-metric brain can't do it and I refuse to cheat and look it up, but I guess 3300km?). I know my most fun has been once it was broken in and the weather warmed up.
hg3

Post by hg3 »

so 69 1/4 inches tall or almost 5 feet 9 1/4 inches. Inseam is what counts on seat to floor. My dad was a little guy but when he sat at the business table - his height was above average - yea he had short inseam. :-)

You have only gone maybe 1/10 of what skully93 says when the good milage starts.

"The acceleration on the other hand is fantastic:-) The frame, brakes and the acceleration does the PGO the right buy for me."

So I would say you have a winner here. Just keep riding and keep us informed.

still saving for the Blur!