valve adjustment

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Stoney rs

valve adjustment

Post by Stoney rs »

Has anyone had the valves adjusted on the blur 220. If so at what mi and what were the symptom.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I have and it's a tricky son of a bitch. Unless you enjoy disassembling the entire scooter (I exaggerate a lot - moving the shock is the biggest deal - so I don't do it) then decoding the actual adjustment values, I let the dealer do it. The values are in disagreement - under the seat says .12mm on intake and exhaust, the manual says .08mm for both, common knowledge says that exhaust should be slightly looser - perhaps .10mm. The conclusion is that I stick with .08 and it seems to like it. There are also three (3) gaskets that seal the valve cover and they can be tricky as well. The main O-ring isn't a big deal, but the two other "strips" (top and bottom) can become easily dislodged and if the bottom one isn't on perfectly, you can get a small oil mist leak, and it's not a great practice pressure-wise to have any leaks around the valve cover.

Symptoms would be low performance due to low compression, not something commonly seen on a 4t of low mileage, or noisy valve gear (hard to tell on the Blur because of all the injection and ECU area clicking that goes on -- and is normal). A tight valve on the exhaust will overheat and eventually destroy the valve or the sealing area around the valve, so it's something to check, i.e important.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Stoney rs

Post by Stoney rs »

Thanks