Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Stoney rs

Hid lights

Post by Stoney rs »

Has anyone installed a hid headlight or led tailight and signals
davelhunter

Yes

Post by davelhunter »

I installed a 8000k hid kit. I now only have low beam only, but it it twice as bright as my high beam was before. It is an 8000k color so it has a nice blue/white color. You can get an ultra slim ballast kit on eBay for about $50.00. They are plug & play.

Dave
Edward

No Headlight on G-Max/Blur 200

Post by Edward »

Hello Modern Buddy People. Warm greetings from Pretoria, South Africa!

I have a 2007 G-Max 200 (called a Blur in some other markets). Headlight was working until recently, now have lost both high and low beam. All other lights working correctly. My questions are as follows:

1. I suspect a fuse. Where is the fuse box on this vehicle? Is it just above the RH footrest?

2. How do I access the headlight bulb? What panels need to come off in order to do this? Would like to update the bulb anyway to either HID or at least high performance bulb.

Thanking you, Edward
davelhunter

Front panel

Post by davelhunter »

To access the headlight bulb, all you have to do is remove the front panel. This is the triangle shaped black panel that is above the headlight. It is held on by 1 Phillips head screw on ach side just under the handlebars. Once you remove the two screws, the panel pops off with plastic tabs.
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

What bulb base HID did you get?
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com
davelhunter

Bulb size

Post by davelhunter »

Bulb is H4/9003
The HID kit I purchased was Xentec brand
peterjhon

Post by peterjhon »

I have installed hid kit for my car. First adjust your HID with the help of camera. You will receive two ballasts and two bulbs. Cut the grommet off, but do not cut the wires and Follow the instruction given in the manual book.
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Does the HID kit run your guys batteries down?
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

HID's technically run at 35w after the initial turn on from the ballast, compared to the stock output of 50w's. So tech the HID's will run cooler and at a lower wattage.
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

ThreeSheets wrote:HID's technically run at 35w after the initial turn on from the ballast, compared to the stock output of 50w's. So tech the HID's will run cooler and at a lower wattage.
Actually the stock bulb is 35W/35W. I found this out while swapping it for a new whiter PIAA. I sent the 60W bulb back and ordered a 35W HS1.
SuperCyclone.81

True, asuming that your scooter is providing a steady power source which it does not. You know when you stop at a red light and your lights dim down and then when it turns green and you give it some gas the light brightens back up? The HID kit is going to want that 35w of power constantly, so theoretically speaking, when you stop at that stop light and your light would typically dim down, if you have the HID kit its going to draw power from the battery to get its full 35w. In turn running it down after about 2 hours of run time from what Im reading...
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

SuperCyclone.81 wrote:True, asuming that your scooter is providing a steady power source which it does not. You know when you stop at a red light and your lights dim down and then when it turns green and you give it some gas the light brightens back up? The HID kit is going to want that 35w of power constantly, so theoretically speaking, when you stop at that stop light and your light would typically dim down, if you have the HID kit its going to draw power from the battery to get its full 35w. In turn running it down after about 2 hours of run time from what Im reading...
This is not an issue on the Blur as the headlight is steady. No dimming occurs. I assume it has a different type of electrical system than other models. MY TGB Laser 150 did what you say and dimmed at idle. I would think HID's would be no problem in a Blur(other than possibly blinding oncoming drivers) since the housing is designed for halogen bulbs.
SuperCyclone.81

Wow Im sorry haha. I replied on my phone and I thought I was in the RH part of the forum. I have zero experience with the blur but from what it sounds like the HID kit would be awesome in that scoot. I do know however, that you dont necessarily HAVE to have a projector headlight set up or one "made" for high intensity discharge lights to use those kits. I have 2000 Silverado with headlamps that were "made" for halogen bulbs and the HID works perfectly without blinding oncoming traffic. As I said, I have literally zero xp with the blur scoots, but I know on my Rattler it has normal old headlamps and they have a decently clean cut off. So IMO, as long as your lights arent aimed too high, go for it! It'll be awesome if your scoot can support it!
relenger

Post by relenger »

The 220i didnt come with HID? Mine is HID..........
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

relenger wrote:The 220i didnt come with HID? Mine is HID..........
You purchased new? If so it did not come with HID. It has LED accent lights on the sides but the main bulb is a 35W halogen.
relenger

Post by relenger »

Interesting. I didn't buy a new one. I'll post pictures this weekend.
relenger

Post by relenger »

If you look close you can see the Round HID connector in this photo

HID on

The Bulb
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

That is most definitely NOT an OEM bulb. Attached is a photo of what my OEM bulb looked like.
Attachments
HS1.jpg
HS1.jpg (6.55 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
relenger

Post by relenger »

I know that now. I swear I read it cam with HID. I guess I got lucky. I will say I think it gets the other drivers attention. I would recommend HID for any blur. The output is 5x better them my 50cc scooters headlight. Now I wounded what else is done.......
kenbike

Post by kenbike »

Which dealer did you purchase your Blur? Did they convert to HID?