Rear Brake Adjustment

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SevenhertZ

Rear Brake Adjustment

Post by SevenhertZ »

Hello MB FAM BAM.

So I was able to replace my rear tire on the blur and put the guy back on all thanks to this wonderful blog. Problem is my rear brake is now locked down on the disk. Can anyone point me to how to adjust this or if any one has any info it would greatly be appreciated. I took the metal plate off that held the weird tire finder so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Please let me know asap.
SevenhertZ

Post by SevenhertZ »

someone told me that i can use a screwdriver to drive the pads apart or use the disk brake to leverage the brakes to seperate them. I was told i need to pull the brake cap which is near then brake handle. Anyone done this before? Is anyone out there? does anyone care? haha
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I don't know too much about hydraulic brakes, i've never worked on 'em myself, but as far as I can tell, they're all pretty much the same, there's nothing really Blur-specific or even scooter-specific about the Blur's setup, so I'd figure you could find tips online, just google "motorcycle disc brake service" or something like that.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
SevenhertZ

Post by SevenhertZ »

do you think it would make a difference that i took the metal rear fender pieces off the back where the brakes are? I took the fender off a long time ago, and i figured the metal pieces could come off now too. i wonder if that effects where the brake lines up on the disk?
SevenhertZ

Post by SevenhertZ »

I ended up using spacers to make up the difference and it seemed to work perfect. Working on this scoot is pretty fun and easy even for a first timer like me.
relenger

Post by relenger »

You put the washer's on the Bolt head side I hope??? When I removed my fender bracket the bolt's were long enough to hit the heads of the bolts that held the disk. I used washer's on the bolt HEAD. I can take photo's if you need!! These rear caliper's are Dual piston and SHOULD NOT LOCK!!! If they are "Locking" DO NOT RIDE YOUR SCOOTER!!!
SevenhertZ

Post by SevenhertZ »

relenger wrote:You put the washer's on the Bolt head side I hope??? When I removed my fender bracket the bolt's were long enough to hit the heads of the bolts that held the disk. I used washer's on the bolt HEAD. I can take photo's if you need!! These rear caliper's are Dual piston and SHOULD NOT LOCK!!! If they are "Locking" DO NOT RIDE YOUR SCOOTER!!!
yes i put it on the bolt side thanks though.