out of bussiness

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Stoney rs

out of bussiness

Post by Stoney rs »

I bought my scooter a year ago. But my dealer has gone out of business. What do I do for service and my warrenty and towing for the next year. Has anyone have this happen. If so what did you do. Genuine dealers are very scarce their is'nt another dealer near me.
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Take a look at the dealer locator and see where the next closest dealer is. I think that your free towing covers 50 miles, so I hope that it's close. Otherwise, start looking for friends with trucks or vans :D

It sucks that your dealership closed, but Genuine will stand behind their products regardless. They have no control over the finances of their licensed dealers, but are trying to tighten the requirements for being a Genuine dealer and are trying to help their dealers run a profitable business.

The Blur is a very reliable scoot. The only problem that I've had is the failing tach (I'm on my third one - and PGO has supposedly fixed the issue), and a touch of the overly pessimistic overheat indication. Both were solved remotely by the techs at Genuine. I don't think that you have too much to worry about in addition to your service needs and any competent shop can probably help you there.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Stoney rs

out of bussiness

Post by Stoney rs »

Thanks. I found one. It's a pain in the butt to get there. But its my only choice.