Spark Plug Change

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DCUNITED4LIFE

Spark Plug Change

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

anyone done one? I'm thinking it's time. I'm over 9k and it would make me feel good to know where to look/ do it anyway. Advice/pics appreciated!
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

Pull the right lower body piece and you'll see the wire coming off the coil and heading up the hole in the cylinder head. Make sure that you have one of those articulating spark plug sockets and take your time threading the new one in and you'll be good. It's a pretty low torque value as I recall, and for sure don't honk it down (aluminum threads in the block you know). A dab of anti-sieze on the threads and a tiny blob of dielectic grease on the nipple will help it all come apart easy next time.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
omniphil

Post by omniphil »

I did mine 2 weekends ago, I have about 5000 miles on the scooter and the plug had a very white tip, it was way past time to change it. I also do mostly highway riding, so all those high rpms are probably not helping.

I used the spark plug socket and screwdriver that is in the tool kit under the seat, fairly easy to do. Its on the right side of the scooter, take off the plastic side guard and you can reach up under there fairly easily.

If you want an easier time seeing what is all down that side of the scooter, just remove the whole seat assembly (4 bolts and 2 electrical connections), then you can get a really good visual from the top, but it is still easier to reach up under the right side of the scooter to do it..
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

Awesome! Thanks guys!
Rush

Post by Rush »

NGK's spark plug for the Genuine Blur 220i. Matched the one I replaced.

CR7E
toadold

Post by toadold »

http://www.soflasportbikes.com/forum/sp ... chock.html

Then put on some sand bag saddle bags to drop the engine lower?