How to Remove dead lights (Upper Turn's) Picture's

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

relenger

How to Remove dead lights (Upper Turn's) Picture's

Post by relenger »

This is a how to with picture's on how to remove the upper turn signals and get the factory one's going.
(This may be illegal in your state. Always follow State Laws)

Skill Level 3 of 10 (10 Expert)

Tools
-------------------------
Phillip Screw driver
12mm End wrench
elbow grease
1/2hr ish
-------------------------

First thing first! Buy a blur!! My scooter came with ugly upper turn lights
that look like this.

We will be removing them and connecting the bottom ones back up. There was no wire cutting involved. Just unplug the old and plug in the new.
Now you will need the phillips screw driver. Remove the Two screws. one on the top right and left side of the front cowl. In the picture below

After you remove these two screws you will need to remove the "Hood"
or front cover. BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THE PLASTIC TABS!! . I took a picture of the back of the cover. The bottom does not pop out. it hooks into the body. Hopefully that makes sence.

After you get the cover off you will see alot of wire's. You are looking for two connector's. They look like this

Once you find those. you will have the connectors to the OEM turns. Lay those on top.
Now you need to figure out where the other wire's are that go to the dead bulb's or ugly turn's. Grab a 12mm and remove these bolt at the bottom of the handlebars.

After you remove them.

Give a tug on the wire's coming out of the dead light's and hold or feel the wire's going up the steering neck (Under the hood)
Figure out which wires are going to the dead light's.
After you figure that out. CAREFULLY pull the wiring up. gently pull from the top near the handle grips. once the round connectors come out unplug them and pull them BACK through the handle bar area into the area under the "Hood"
Like SO!

Now unplug the little harness and plug in the OEM turns. Red to red and white t white.

Now put the hood back on. The tricky part in getting the little plastic piece under the headlight back. It should look like this. took me a few time's to get it to stay

If any other questions or or picture's are needed just ask.

Enjoy!!
SoCalScooter

Nice!

Post by SoCalScooter »

Great write up! If I ever make it past step one (get a Blur), I'll be sure to refer back to this! :D
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

well done, relenger. much better seeing pics than imagining in my mind! +10 to your score! and your blur now looks way cooler & you've reduced drag!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
Triage

Post by Triage »

Nice scooter. led lights are attractive so name is good too.
Last edited by Triage on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

That black cover was the bear for me. Very difficult to remove as the tabs are very fussy. I thought I was going to break it for sure both times I took it off.