New used exhaust!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kenbike

New used exhaust!

Post by kenbike »

I installed my used D & D slip on from a Duc 900 SS tonight with the bushings a local engine shop turned for me on a lathe. I made a short flat steel bracket and used the front stock muffler bolt hole on the swing arm.
Did a short test ride and very pleased with the sound and slight increase in performance. The muffler has a 1.75 outlet so fitted a 5/8" x 1 5/8" reducer. Has some backfire when I let off but overall very happy. I also have a 3/4" x 1 5/8" reducer that I will test. The shop charged $50 for the 3 adapters and I had the slip on in the barn. Next I going to use the left side slip on and rig a K & N air filter to slip inside the slip on and mount it on the left side of the Blur and remove the factory air box. Still have to remove the intake air temperature sensor and put it in the fridge to determine what the resistance is at 40 degrees vs 70 degrees. Then I will install resistors in line so the ECU thinks it is 40 degrees and will add fuel to the system!

I also working on getting some heavy springs for the clutch so it locks in better and will put some 13.5 gram sliders. Want to make some WOT runs and see if I am getting into the rev limiter.

I think we can get slightly more power out of these Blurs with out dumping a ton of money.

I would think you could check with dealers for left over slip on's and have a few simple reducers made and not send much more than $100.
Rush

Post by Rush »

Very exciting. Got pictures?
relenger

Post by relenger »

Video too:)
dookiegang

Post by dookiegang »

Can't wait to hear how it works out for you.
kenbike

Post by kenbike »

I reworked my support and fitted the 3/4" baffle. It is slightly louder and runs good. Dug into the manual and found our Blur do not have a Intake air temperature sensor but the do have a intake air pressure sensor. So looking into installing a resistor in line to raise fool the ECU into seeing a higher pressure and adding more fuel, not sure if it will work. Another option is adding resistance to the oxygen sensor. My KTM voltage regulator failed and left me stranded Sat and this was a aftermarket from Ricks! So was to pissed off to work on the Blur.