2013/2012 owners

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

James Gamblin

2013/2012 owners

Post by James Gamblin »

I've been thinking over the Blur for a few months now.

I've seen a few "issues" posted on the forum...
Speedo extremely optimistic
Tach not always working well
Overheat indicator

Are these still issues with 2012/2013 models?
Or is it the consensus of this forum that these
issues have been dealt with by Genuine?
Tristik

Post by Tristik »

Haven't had overheating or tach issues, but my speedo is about 10% optimistic. Although I think mine is a lemon 'cause it can only cruise at about 65 indicated WOT.
claygone

Post by claygone »

I have had mine for 3 months and put about 1800 miles on it. I have had nor problems with it. It did for 2 weeks vibrate more the normal, but it but I have had not problems with it.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I have a 2011 and just had the ECU swapped last week as I had the overheating issue occur once. My tach went bad as I drove out of the dealership when I bought the scooter(ironic eh?). I am still exploring my top speed as I was waiting for the new ECU to be put in. From what I was told at the dealer by my mechanic, Genuine thought they had updated all the ECU's, but must have missed a few. The repair is easy(it took my guy 20 minutes) and they shipped it to my dealer free of charge. He told me there is another issue which is rare, but he had seen two of them where an exhaust breather hose can burst(no issues other than noise until it is fixed). He is working on a new hose made of more stout material to solve the issue. It seems Genuine is pretty good about taking care of their customers. I have around 1K on mine and it feels better each time I take it out. Miles have loosened up the motor nicely. My speedo is pretty accurate according to the fixed radar stations I drive by(it reads about 3mph fast- which is pretty standard for all my vehicles).