Found aftermarket source for Brake Pads and Clutch/Variator

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

spridmore

Found aftermarket source for Brake Pads and Clutch/Variator

Post by spridmore »

I've been fortunate to get some good information from this site (new Blur 220i owner), so I wanted to give back. Going to my local Genuine / Vespa dealer is slightly more painful than shopping in an Abercrombie and Fitch store and costs about the same for rebranded Chinese parts, so I figured I'd source my own.

Blur 220i Brake Pads EBC Cross-Referenced:
Front: EBC FA95 (94-97 Aprilia RS 250)
Rear: EBC FA266 (Derbi GP1 125)
Note: Sintered HH pads can be ordered by adding "HH" to the part number, but be warned they warm up slowly and aren't great for short rides.

Blur 220 Clutch and Variator (Aftermarket, available through user "autotech355" on Ebay):
Clutch: Prodigy (Same as Dink 200, Sym Joyride 180)
Search for "performance Clutch kit for KYMCO Dink 125, 150, 180cc" on Ebay
Variator: Prodigy (Same as Dink 200, Sym Joyride 180)
Search for "performance variator kit for KYMCO Dink SYM Joyride RV" on Ebay

Before anyone asks me, yes everything works fine and I have been running on all of the above for several thousand miles. The clutch performance is about equal to stock, but the 3 pads appear to have significantly more gripping surface compared to stock. No, the clutch/basket does not come with a heavy-duty clutch spring (I'll find one later). The variator is more aggressive than stock, and I actually prefer the stock unit. However, my stock unit is showing multiple stress cracks on the reinforcement veins, and I'm not about to pay Genuine for another cast from old beer cans. The downside to the aftermarket unit is that it's OD is smaller than the OEM unit.

Check out my other post regarding the cracking variator as mentioned above.
Motorandy123

Post by Motorandy123 »

You can get the one from the Kymco Yager here for around $70;
http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/000 ... embly.html