40 psi tire pressure.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toadold

40 psi tire pressure.

Post by toadold »

I was wondering how many people are still running at the higher than 30 psi tire pressures and what the results have been :?:
Stoney rs

Post by Stoney rs »

I stil run 42psi and have had no problems. I get 70 mpg constantly and run the hywy often. Dropping the pressur olso drops the mpg.
toadold

Stoney rs

Post by toadold »

Thanks for the info. I'm about 20 days away from having my down payment. The bank has dropped their interest requirements. I'll still have to test one out to see if I can duck walk it. I'm hoping that it will be light enough for me to move around in my bumpy compound angled apartment parking lot. My inseam is a bit on the short side but I'm kind of wide butted. I think with some large heeled boots, and at worst a seat shave I can make it work.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

That could be a challenge. It is a pretty heavy scoot(and tall) for its size. See if they will let you take it home for a trial run.
toadold

Post by toadold »

Well I weigh about 240 lbs. So even with a 29 1/2 inch inseam the scoot should settle a bit when I sit down. I got sick for a while and couldn't handle my Ninja 250r, but I've had my throat cut on, and I'm feeling better, though I picked up an extra 25 pounds.
One of the reasons I'm looking for something in the 200 cc and larger, is to haul the flab 25 miles round trip to the Dojo about three times per week. I don't do gyms for exercise or at home. Just can't motivate.

The bad news is that the closest Genuine dealer is also a Vespa dealer. :cry:
Stoney rs

Post by Stoney rs »

Im 260 with 30' inseam, the bike will seam a little tall at first till springs are broken in. And high tire pressure may make ride a bit stiff till broken in. And yes the bike is a bit heavy for it size, but that just make it feel more like a motorcycle on the hywy. The weight on the front wheel gives it a nice balanced feel very reasuring.
toadold

Post by toadold »

The Ninja 250r and the Blur are pretty close in weight if I recall correctly. The center of gravity for the Blur is a lot lower though. I'm also looking forward to not having to constantly row through the gears for city driving and having to wait for those lean running carbs on the Ninjette to warm up.
Rush

Post by Rush »

I've noticed that if I scoot all the way up to the front of the seat the scooped out portions of the sides of the seat help get my foot down easier. The Blur like most others seems to be most firmly planted if you just get one foot down and learn to lean the bike ever so gently to the left when approaching a stop and get that one down. Best thing is no foot pedals to worry about.

Knowing a couple of folks who have shaved down the seat - I'd highly recommend against any alterations of any kind.

Oh and I'm a big supporter of the 40psi. Quicker acceleration, 76 mpg (in Blur miles - which on mine seems to be about 7% optimistic) which equals 71 mpg real world. Takes a little getting used to - nimble and a little jumpy but much better than a 550 pound, $10k, road couch.

For What its Worth!
toadold

Post by toadold »

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that you can adjust the preload on the single rear shock, I'm wonder if you set it real soft until you get some wear on the bike it would let the bike squat lower?
Rush

Post by Rush »

I assume that preload is set for 150-170lb rider - which is perfect for me. I didn't think our stock shock was adjustable (even preload)- anymore than our handlebars are adjustable.
toadold

Post by toadold »

Had a brush from the dark side. I emailed the local Genuine dealer and asked he knew anybody local that could shave and recover a seat. He said his customers had some good luck with Boss Hogg Custom Motorcycle Seats:
http://texasharleyseats.com/
Anyway since I had mentioned what I wanted a scooter for, he brought up the Piaggio BV 350.....Get thee behind me!