ScooterFile Review of the Blur

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rush

ScooterFile Review of the Blur

Post by Rush »

This review nails the Blur on the head. Both the addressing the strengths and areas deserving some improvement.

The "ergonomics" section especially is something PGO should address in future designs. Or build in some ability to adjust things like handlebar. seating, and foot position - similar to what can be done on most motorcycles.

http://www.scooterfile.com/scooter-revi ... ur-ss220i/
toadold

Post by toadold »

Of course they'll make the improvements, right AFTER, I buy one. I'll try to hurry up and get it this January as a sacrificial gesture :wink:

I think part of the problem on a number scooters is that they want to maximize the under seat storage for a helmet, that is hard to do and keep the seat height low. I kind of wish they put a helmet storage compartment low and aft of the rear wheel??
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

I personally don't even get the whole helmet storage thing. It's weird to me that it seems such a selling point for scooters and yet a non-existent feature on (a guestimated) 95% of motorcycles.

~SM
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Helmet storage on the Ural is pretty good :wink: .
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Swordsman wrote:I personally don't even get the whole helmet storage thing. It's weird to me that it seems such a selling point for scooters and yet a non-existent feature on (a guestimated) 95% of motorcycles.

~SM
I don't get that either- it is simply the storage capacity I love about scooters. I always hang my helmet off the side from the security posts under the seat. Can't go to the grocery store on a motorcycle without a backpack.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Glad you found the Blur review helpful. It's a hell of a machine.

Last week I rode the BMW C 600 Sport, and it does something that I think the Blur could benefit from. It has a second set of footboards forward and angled up from the regular floor boards. It makes the seating position more of a cruiser position, and it's much more comfortable than feet flat down (although you'd still want both available). I think PGO could add this to the Blur much more easily than other reconfigurations that it'd take to fix the problem.

That full review is available here: http://www.scooterfile.com/scooter-revi ... 600-sport/
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

Dooglas wrote:Helmet storage on the Ural is pretty good :wink: .
Haha, that it is! I got sick of not being able to fit a tail bag on my scrunched-up Buell Lightning, and I may have gone a bit overboard remedying the situation. :P

And SF, that BMW 600 is one helluva good looking machine! :shock:

~SM
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

NathanielSalzman wrote:Glad you found the Blur review helpful. It's a hell of a machine.

Last week I rode the BMW C 600 Sport, and it does something that I think the Blur could benefit from. It has a second set of footboards forward and angled up from the regular floor boards. It makes the seating position more of a cruiser position, and it's much more comfortable than feet flat down (although you'd still want both available). I think PGO could add this to the Blur much more easily than other reconfigurations that it'd take to fix the problem.

That full review is available here: http://www.scooterfile.com/scooter-revi ... 600-sport/
That BMW is a bad ass machine BUT it only gets 45 MPG and it costs 10K? I can't see it.
NathanielSalzman

According to BMW, it'll get 54 mpg on good days. The one I was riding got about 45 mpg, but I only rode it a couple days. I'm also a big guy and I was riding the hell out of it. Eric will spend a couple weeks with it, so we'll see what kind of mileage he gets.
NathanielSalzman

Then again, if you're spending $10k on a scooter, saving pennies at the pump is probably not super high on your priority list.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

NathanielSalzman wrote: Last week I rode the BMW C 600 Sport, and it does something that I think the Blur could benefit from. It has a second set of footboards forward and angled up from the regular floor boards. It makes the seating position more of a cruiser position, and it's much more comfortable than feet flat down (although you'd still want both available). I think PGO could add this to the Blur much more easily than other reconfigurations that it'd take to fix the problem.
My Sym 250 is set up like that and I NEVER ride with 'feet down' link on my Blur ... only up on those footboards = sooooo comfy, indeed!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!