Silence helmet wind noise!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

davelhunter

Silence helmet wind noise!

Post by davelhunter »

Just tested my new project and it worked perfectly. I usually ride with earplugs to cut down on wind noise but they are a pain to keep in place when putting a helmet on . After shooting at the range I thought if I could fit the ear cups from shooting earmuffs inside my helmet it would be great. I purchased an extra pair of Peltor Shotgunner model ear muffs at Walmart for $19 an cut the ear cups from the headband. I then attached Velcro with adhesive backing to the outside of the ear cups using the rough side of the Velcro and stuck the ear cups inside my helmet. The rough side of the Velcro holds tight to the liner of the helmet and keeps the ear cups secure. The area on the inside of the helmet was about the same size as the ear cup so they sit just about flush. I went for a test ride and it worked better than I could have hoped for! The wind noise on the freeway is 80% gone, but I can still hear car horns. It is almost like riding in a car. This will make long rides much more enjoyable. See pics. attached below.
Attachments
004.jpg
004.jpg (104.85 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
003.jpg
003.jpg (77.82 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
002.jpg
002.jpg (83.45 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
001.jpg
001.jpg (119.99 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
pantherso3

Post by pantherso3 »

I like this idea. Thanks for the tip and pictures!