lots of blur ?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ggs34

lots of blur ?

Post by ggs34 »

so how fast does your blur go?

in the just gotta scoot review the speedo was way off did genuine get this fixed is it more accurate now?

what is a good price for a blur?

does the blur have a side stand?

oil cooler still behind the front wheel?

is the seat too hard?

is it as reliable as the buddy?

tires any good?
any help you can give me would be very great full
i am going to my genuine dealer in a month so i want to be prepared

so if you can help me answer any of the questions respond back
claygone

Post by claygone »

Hello,

I have had the blur for about 7 months and have put 5700 miles on it.

1. I weight 220 and i get to 65 without any problems. It tops out about 70

2. I found that the speedometer has been fixed. It is about 2mph slower then the displayed speed

3. It does have a kick stand, as well as a center stand

4. The oil cooler is still behind the front wheel

5. The seat is not to hard, but not the most comfy thing I have ridden

6. Mine has been very reliable, my only problem was a spark plug that died and needed to be replaced.

7. The tires are great. But not good in snow...not at all. But it is good in the wet

I would get the windshield. It is very helpful once the temp drops. Also keeps things quieter at higher speeds

Jamal
ggs34

bur

Post by ggs34 »

wow thanks great info hope more people join in
is your blur fast i can decide between a Honda pcx 150 or the blur

is it easy to get parts?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I moved this to the Blur section of the forum, you'll get more Blur owner input there.

To answer all your questions at once, it's a well-built, reliable bike with a good warranty, sold by arguably America's best scooter importer, it's plenty fast, and so long as you like the styling and riding position, you won't go wrong with it.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

ggs34: You are making a bunch of threads asking the same questions over and over. Are you not getting what you want from the other threads? You have to go and ride a Blur to know if its what you want.
ggs34

reviews

Post by ggs34 »

sorry about that.
it is just me dealer is a 2 hour drive one way to the only dealer in my area that has one .
and i have been working 6 days a week.
and i cant find that many good reviews on this bike.
chickdr

Re: reviews

Post by chickdr »

ggs34 wrote:sorry about that.
it is just me dealer is a 2 hour drive one way to the only dealer in my area that has one .
and i have been working 6 days a week.
and i cant find that many good reviews on this bike.
Understood- I just know you will never get the info you need without a test drive. You have had other scoots it seems and I think the best comparo I can give is to your GT200- I also had a GT200 and can give you a great analogy. The GT200 is like a Cadillac DTS, very quick, quiet and comfortable but no so hot in the handling department. The Blur ss220i is louder and slower but turns and brakes very well(like a sports car- lets say a Miata since they aren't too fast...). It has a rough ride and a harder seat. There is also less foot room than on the Vespa. I would seriously urge you to take the time to test drive one. It is too much money to spend without one. Otherwise you may end up regretting it. Even with my test drive I am having major second thoughts about my purchase. I wish I had waited and spent the money on a Ninja 300 or Honda CBR 500. For only a bit more you are getting a lot more bike for your money. In particular you have asked about speed many times. The Blur is not quick, or fast compared even to the GT200. If you want speed, you will need to look elsewhere. The Blur is excellent around town(I am in Atlanta) but not good at all on freeways. It isn't quick enough(tops out around 65mph and cruises at about 60mph). I hope this helps, but again- go ride one and see for yourself :)
ggs34

Post by ggs34 »

because of your though i am going to ride one but i am leaning at a aprilia scarabeo 200 very good sale on them i know they are 2009 but still 1200 cheaper than i blur i think i will be too tall for it will let you know thks
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

ggs34 wrote:because of your though i am going to ride one but i am leaning at a aprilia scarabeo 200 very good sale on them i know they are 2009 but still 1200 cheaper than i blur i think i will be too tall for it will let you know thks
If you have a Vespa GT200 and Sportcity 250, why would you want the Scarabeo 200? Isn't this redundant? Seems like you should be looking at larger scoots. What about a Kymko People GT 300i or Downtown 300i? Is the $2000 price what you are looking for?
ggs34

not sure

Post by ggs34 »

i was looking for a sport scooter but the blur seems to be too little leg room will find out in a week or so the new kymcos really tick me off way to high prices for what you get i do not think i will be buy any thing from kymco any more
DCUNITED4LIFE

Re: not sure

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

ggs34 wrote:i was looking for a sport scooter but the blur seems to be too little leg room will find out in a week or so the new kymcos really tick me off way to high prices for what you get i do not think i will be buy any thing from kymco any more
I'm 6'3" and I ride a Blur. Plenty of legroom. I did 200 miles on Friday for work. No problems. I wouldn't worry about the legroom.
ggs34

riding the blur

Post by ggs34 »

how was your butt after riding 200 miles?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I wouldn't call the Scarabeo "sporty," it's a retro-ish commuter bike.

For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised if the Scarabeo has the exact same frame and engine as your Sportcity, minus 50cc and electronic ignition, i'd bet it's a very similar ride/geometry. The Blur is maybe a bit sportier looking, but the Sportcity is faster than a Blur and the handling's not that different.

I'd agree that if you're looking for a third bike, get something different. I'd go vintage or bigger or smaller or just get a motorcycle if you want something sporty!

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.