blur post-crash parts sourcing

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

malique

blur post-crash parts sourcing

Post by malique »

hi everyone. i'm a blur 200 owner in Singapore and a month ago i had a crash. no scratches on me, i was fully armored, but my blur (it's called the Gmax, here) suffered some cosmetic damages to the body panels. I have no idea how/why, but my fuel cap cover is missing after the crash. Labelled as part #13 on the image below.

i can live with a missing fuel cover, but does anyone know if it affects the machine? Especially if it rains.

i found a store that stocks blur body panels, but unfortunately, the website scooterloungeonline.com doesn't ship to Singapore. so my question is: where do you guys get replacement parts/body panels for your genuine blur? preferably online, where i can contact the owners and negotiate with them to ship some parts to me.

thanks everyone, i appreciate it!
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I would never drive without the fuel cover as there is no inner flap thus the tank would be open to the environment without it. Debris as well as water will get in. This would be the FIRST think I would replace. Body panels are just for looks.
malique

Post by malique »

bumping this up.

it's not the fuel cover itself, not the "lid" that opens for you to fill in gas.

but the plastic around it. i've marked the part in yellow, as seen below.

scooterloungeonline unfortunately won't ship it out to Singapore.
the next alternative i could think of is to get some sugru and just mold it along the circumference of the fuel cap. can anyone think of any implications i might have with this setup?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I lost mine somewhere and ordered one from scooterlounge. I keep it covered with a tunnel bag right now but I don't think anything bad is going to happen if some rain gets in there.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
skipper20

Re: blur post-crash parts sourcing

Post by skipper20 »

malique wrote:hi everyone. i'm a blur 200 owner in Singapore and a month ago i had a crash. no scratches on me, i was fully armored, but my blur (it's called the Gmax, here) suffered some cosmetic damages to the body panels. I have no idea how/why, but my fuel cap cover is missing after the crash. Labelled as part #13 on the image below.

i can live with a missing fuel cover, but does anyone know if it affects the machine? Especially if it rains.

i found a store that stocks blur body panels, but unfortunately, the website scooterloungeonline.com doesn't ship to Singapore. so my question is: where do you guys get replacement parts/body panels for your genuine blur? preferably online, where i can contact the owners and negotiate with them to ship some parts to me.

thanks everyone, i appreciate it!
If you order it from Scooterlounge you could request that they ship it to me here in Arizona and I could then forward it on to you in Singapore. The only added cost would be whatever it costs me to ship it to you. USPS 1st Class International would be around $25 or about $40 for USPS Priority Mail International which includes tracking and a faster delivery time. So, let me know if I can help you.

Bill in Seattle but currently wintering in AZ
'11 220i Blur
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Mine came in yesterday. Just a tip, take a look at it before installing. There is a locking notch in the new piece. The cover must be placed rotated a bit to the right...about 4 o'clock. Press it in and rotate the point to 6 o'clock and it locks in. I must have kicked mine swinging a leg through unlocking it and then it fell off.

I forgot to take some photos but I will later.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Jarvis7

General

Post by Jarvis7 »

Thanks for the post!