PGO G Max 220i 2013 rattle

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

g-max 220i cy

PGO G Max 220i 2013 rattle

Post by g-max 220i cy »

Hi everyone can anyone tell me if worn rollers can cause a rattling type noise my g max is 6mths old and its just had its 6000k service but its got a rattling noise coming from I think the transmission the dealer says its ok and they replaced the drive belt which now whines when slowing down and some little plastic sliders at the service but I don't know what he means by plastic sliders, I am wondering if the rollers are ready for changing and would I be better off fitting sliders ,look forward to any advice
Graham
Rush

Post by Rush »

Sounds like your dealer is saying you should replace your rollers/sliders. Probably a good idea and not expensive.

I just replaced my cvt belt as well - seems it takes a little while for the belt and the transmission parts to wear into each other a little. Hopefully the dealer took the time to clean out all the soot/dust. The noise should settle down after a tank of gas or two. The Blur has very little vibration being a "thumper" and compared to most other internal combustion 2 wheelers.
relenger

Post by relenger »

Sliders can make noise. Does the noise go with engine speed OR the speed of the bike?
g-max 220i cy

Post by g-max 220i cy »

No the noise gets louder as I accelerate or when the engine is working hard , when running normally (not working hard) the noise is not as loud.

Post by 360 »

I have rattle now too, but it's mostly when I'm between 4-5k RPMS...and my suspension feels looser.