Blur 220i First Impressions

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

Blur 220i First Impressions

Post by skipper20 »

As previously posted on the MB general Discussions forum, I recently purchased a used '11 220i to replace an '87 Honda Helix 250 that I had just sold. After having the seat restored by Rich's, now in Kingston, WA, to a more stock configuration (the original owner was on the short side and had the stock seat reworked for a better fit) I took delivery this past Wed. In 2 separate rides I've put close to 50 miles on the bike. Total mileage is now 2,250. The reworked seat feels much better but it's still a bit stiff and I'm hoping it will eventually soften up a bit. Other than that, the 220i is definitely an improvement. No comparison whatsoever to the Helix 250. Acceleration is fantastic, it has much better cornering and the braking is probably the best I've ever experienced on 2 wheels. I had it up to 72 MPH as indicated on the speedo but it felt more like the mid 60s so next time out I'll strap on my GPS and see what the actual speeds are. At 72 indicated there was a fair amount of wind buffeting so I backed down to 65 and it eased up considerably. As such, 65 to 68 is probably going to be my comfortable cruising range. All in all, it's a very nice bike. Except for the Helix 250's more comfortable lounge type seat, I'm not missing it one bit!

Bill in Seattle
'12 170i Buddy Italia
'11 220i Genuine Blur