Roller weight weights

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

itcardoc

Roller weight weights

Post by itcardoc »

Hey there, does anyone know the weight of the stock roller weights in a Blur 150? The PGO parts book lists the G-Max 150 as 13.0g. I have read the Blur has 14.0g. Which is it? I do know they are 18x14mmin size,right? And I think Prima has 7.5 to 16g available. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
itcardoc

weights

Post by itcardoc »

Blur has 13gram weights stock. (Actually weighed on scale)
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: weights

Post by ericalm »

itcardoc wrote:Blur has 13gram weights stock. (Actually weighed on scale)
Were they brand new, unused weights? Aren't new weights usually labeled?

I'm wondering if the labeling and actual weight are the same. If not, then I wonder if someone needs to order the weights labeled as 14g or whatever.

According to Genuine, the Blur is supposed to have 14g weights stock. If you had your weights replaced by a dealer or mechanic, did you specify you wanted 14g replacements? I ask because I've had other weights putinto my scoot without my knowledge.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
itcardoc

weights ...

Post by itcardoc »

The weights and Blur were never touched, brand new scooter bought from dealer. If you look on the G-MAX 150 parts diagram the listed weights are 13gram. I highly doubt that they would have changed the weights just for Genuine. It is possible however, that the 2007 Blur or G-Max 150 has 14gram weights installed (mine is a 2006). I would also never let anyone work on my scooter (I am an auto tech),and also have to learn about these twist and go scooters (I am used to working on my previous 2005 Stella). -Kevin
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: weights ...

Post by ericalm »

itcardoc wrote:The weights and Blur were never touched, brand new scooter bought from dealer. If you look on the G-MAX 150 parts diagram the listed weights are 13gram. I highly doubt that they would have changed the weights just for Genuine. It is possible however, that the 2007 Blur or G-Max 150 has 14gram weights installed (mine is a 2006). I would also never let anyone work on my scooter (I am an auto tech),and also have to learn about these twist and go scooters (I am used to working on my previous 2005 Stella). -Kevin
Huh. That's weird. The Scooterworks site says, "Buddy 125 takes 11.5g stock rollers, and Blur takes 14g stock." There have been discrepancies reported for both, though. I'll see what I can find out.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Just wanted to update this thread. When I weighed the rollers from my Blur, they were 12 grams. Now, this is a used Blur, so I don't really know if the rollers are original. Also, they were worn, so it's possible they've been on a diet and have lost some weight. Their size is 18x14 mm.
jim_0068

Post by jim_0068 »

I wonder what the QA is on roller weights? 0.5g tolerance? 1g tolerance?