blur150 with 32000 km on odo needing info

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

g150@RP

blur150 with 32000 km on odo needing info

Post by g150@RP »

good day all,

i am from down the equator had my blur150 for five years and now i am hearing a v-twin sounding engine. replace the belt n weights (finally) and a mechanic told me the noise comes from my bendix/starter gear..upon removing the weights there is a miniscule movement on the shaft and suggest that the bearings are worn too...any idea what specs these bearings are and what compatible bendix/starter gear can i use. unfortunately downhere after service is poor for the blur. My lack of maintenance does give testament to reliability having crashed in it once and being rear end by a texting car driver. Thank you in advance for the time! p.s. i have not yet opened the engine and figure i better have the parts ready and at hand.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

g150@RP

Post by g150@RP »

thanks chicdoctor! i also opened up the engine already (the mechanic) i will make a note of the parts as i replace them. Found the sidebearings and arm are worn. found smal bits of metal but happily no other damage. piston after 32km looks brand new and so with the other parts inside. at 32k and no change oil for the last 5k i am lucky and believe in the quality of this motor. after putting it together though it takes three or more clicks to start hmm probably the timing? or the autochoke hope to sort the thing out as this scoot for a 5ft 7"" rider at 180lbs this scoot is right on the money for me. thank you again for the help!