Blur Low Profile Seat

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sjw

Blur Low Profile Seat

Post by sjw »

Installed my new low profile seat today which I ordered from Amazon.
I really like it so far. Seems to be just as comfortable as the stock one but I can now touch flat footed. It has a 3 piece cover as opposed to the one piece of the stock seat. It looks really cool because the rear section is smooth and the front section is more like the stock texture.
The downside is that my new open face helmet no longer fits under the seat. The plastic seat pan is 2 inches shallower, oh well.
thespivster

Post by thespivster »

is the hump any farther back or is the pretty much in the same spot?
sjw

Seems about the same

Post by sjw »

From looking at the design of the seat overall, the reduction of height is due to the plastic pan itself which is why a helmet no longer fits.
Benzo Mike

Post by Benzo Mike »

Installed one of these PLUS the Lowdown shock (set up for 1" drop) on the wife's Buddy. She's THAT short, amazing, still can't flatfoot (at 2.5"+ drop) but at least can get the balls of both feet down. Amazing. So I've put a few hundred on it. Much better for sporty (railing) riding, not as plush, as you would expect. It is stepped, back half taller and plusher. The Lowdown shock is a disaster. With the offset clevis it does not install strictly aligned, plus has very short travel and a STIFF spring. I have no preload dialed in and it is punishing. Would be good for a racetrack but a complete disaster for public roads.

So, seat, looks cool, works well if you like to get after it. Effective drop mod for the short-legged.

The Lowdown shock, not so much. At all.
New signature - you don't care what else I have, and I don't care to tell you about it. I have a 2009 Buddy Italia, let's leave it at that.