Considering purchasing a '13 Blur...

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

fiddlefan

Considering purchasing a '13 Blur...

Post by fiddlefan »

M.B. guru's,

Considering purchasing a '13 Blur w/3k miles, gunmetel, excel. cond. In your opinion, what would be an exceptional price on such a scoot, especially since we're in the winter months where these things can usually be had less expensive? Please advise! Thanks in advance for any reply.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and CHEERS!!!
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

New or used? Shop or individual?

Good scoot.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

A new Blur lists for $4000, so walk it back from there. At 3 years old, I may try to get it for 2500. I don't trust odometers on used bikes.
I have seen quite a few 2013 Blurs on EBay. You can get an idea on pricing there.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Blurry B-Dog

Post by Blurry B-Dog »

Hey there, y'all! I just took the plunge and purchased a pre-owned White 2013 Blur SS220i with less than 30 miles on it for a ridiculously low price. That being said, there is another nearly identical Blur 220 in the STL, MO area (on Craigslist) with very low mileage as well (I think under 200 miles) being offered for $2500. I paid much less than that, FYI

My wife and I also have a 2008 Vespa GTS250ie ("Sofia") that we love, and she's a die-hard Vespa "tifosi", but after riding the Blur, it felt smoother than hers. Maybe those "big" 13s have something to do with that!

I plan to make a few mods (bigger windscreen, lower seat, top case and rack), but more urgent will be getting miles on it for that first service. Too bad I'm out of town for a week before I can ride my sweet "Lucinda" again.

Do you other Blurristas have any recommendations for servicing, mods, accessories? I'm all ears! Glad to be here, and if I can, happy to help. Keep the shiny side UP!!
Sincerely,
Blurry B-Dog
2013 Blur SS220i, 2014 Triumph Street Triple R
Maryland Heights, Missouri
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Blurry B-Dog wrote:Hey there, y'all! I just took the plunge and purchased a pre-owned White 2013 Blur SS220i with less than 30 miles on it for a ridiculously low price. That being said, there is another nearly identical Blur 220 in the STL, MO area (on Craigslist) with very low mileage as well (I think under 200 miles) being offered for $2500. I paid much less than that, FYI

My wife and I also have a 2008 Vespa GTS250ie ("Sofia") that we love, and she's a die-hard Vespa "tifosi", but after riding the Blur, it felt smoother than hers. Maybe those "big" 13s have something to do with that!

I plan to make a few mods (bigger windscreen, lower seat, top case and rack), but more urgent will be getting miles on it for that first service. Too bad I'm out of town for a week before I can ride my sweet "Lucinda" again.

Do you other Blurristas have any recommendations for servicing, mods, accessories? I'm all ears! Glad to be here, and if I can, happy to help. Keep the shiny side UP!!
You paid less than 2500 for a '13 with under 30 miles on it? Amazing deal. I recommend pure white LEDS for the headlight and a whiter headlamp as well as an LED bulb for the brake light. I also removed the lollipop turn signals up front and activated the signals in the fairings for a more integrated look. Enjoy!

I am surprised you think the Blur is smoother than your Vespa. I had a Vespa GT200 for a while and while it isn't my cup of tea it was amazingly smooth in comparison to the Blur IMHO. The suspension is much more of a luxury feel and the engine was buttery. I would love to have its power in the Blur.
Blurry B-Dog

Post by Blurry B-Dog »

Since I am new at this Blur thing, I'll ask...where can I find out how to make those lighting changes? Most specifically getting the front fairing turn signals working while also deleting the under-handlebar signals. Or is there a way to make them ALL work (some as running lights, others as blinkers)?

By smoother, I meant the overall ride and stability of the scooter. Once the engine gets broken in, that may get smoother, too. The Blur just feels less twitchy to me than the Vespa. I like both of them, but I really should ride the Blur some more to get more experience. I'm in Nevada this week, so I can't ride Lucinda until Friday night! :?

Thanks again! And yes, I got a helluva deal!!
Sincerely,
Blurry B-Dog
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Enjoy your new Blur! I love mine, but modified it a bit including the suspension, which for me was a little too soft and lacking enough dampening. But then, you're talking about someone coming from riding a 750 sportbike. :)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Blurry B-Dog wrote:Since I am new at this Blur thing, I'll ask...where can I find out how to make those lighting changes? Most specifically getting the front fairing turn signals working while also deleting the under-handlebar signals. Or is there a way to make them ALL work (some as running lights, others as blinkers)?

By smoother, I meant the overall ride and stability of the scooter. Once the engine gets broken in, that may get smoother, too. The Blur just feels less twitchy to me than the Vespa. I like both of them, but I really should ride the Blur some more to get more experience. I'm in Nevada this week, so I can't ride Lucinda until Friday night! :?

Thanks again! And yes, I got a helluva deal!!
I had my dealer do the lighting fix as part of the sale, but you just need to hook up the wires to the faring bulbs as everything is already there. You can have the lollipops stay as well if you like. There is a module you can add to make the turns running lights(guy on the forum sells them and is closing it out so look soon). I can assure you the motor won't smooth out as it ages. Mine has 7k and is just as rough as ever(lots of vibration as I sit idling at lights). The Vespa's 200cc was so smooth in comparison.
Blurry B-Dog

Post by Blurry B-Dog »

Update: I've gotten my Blur inspected, licensed and plated! I've also installed the Genuine rear rack and tinted windshield, but I haven't ridden it since the installs on Sunday because of crappy weather and being in TN for work. Tomorrow I get to go home, and I've also got a top box (a white K-Max 30L case) that I'll be getting installed when I have my initial service done.

I rode it around some last Friday and Saturday, and it's a bunch of fun. I'm looking forward to being able to give it a bit more throttle once she's broken in and filled with new fluids.

Also, I've tried the search function on here, but I'm not having much luck finding how to do the "deadlight" activation. If anyone could share a link, that'd be wonderful. I may ask the dealer to do it when I take her in for the break-in service, but I'd love to try to do it myself, if it's not too difficult.
Sincerely,
Blurry B-Dog
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Congrats on the new Blur! A Blur is what it is. Adjustable suspension if you want to smooth the ride out. Personally...it's a sport scooter! I want the suspension tight! I will take performance over comfort any day!

Deadlight conversion is really pretty easy. Open up the front and inspect the wiring. A couple of taps and removing the DOTs. There are many posts in the General section.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Arion50

Post by Arion50 »

chickdr wrote:
Blurry B-Dog wrote:Hey there, y'all! I just took the plunge and purchased a pre-owned White 2013 Blur SS220i with less than 30 miles on it for a ridiculously low price. That being said, there is another nearly identical Blur 220 in the STL, MO area (on Craigslist) with very low mileage as well (I think under 200 miles) being offered for $2500. I paid much less than that, FYI

My wife and I also have a 2008 Vespa GTS250ie ("Sofia") that we love, and she's a die-hard Vespa "tifosi" transfert, but after riding the Blur, it felt smoother than hers. Maybe those "big" 13s have something to do with that!

You paid less than 2500 for a '13 with under 30 miles on it? Amazing deal. I recommend pure white LEDS for the headlight and a whiter headlamp as well as an LED bulb for the brake light. I also removed the lollipop turn signals up front and activated the signals in the fairings for a more integrated look. Enjoy!

I am surprised you think the Blur is smoother than your Vespa. I had a Vespa GT200 for a while and while it isn't my cup of tea it was amazingly smooth in comparison to the Blur IMHO. The suspension is much more of a luxury feel and the engine was buttery. I would love to have its power in the Blur.
My father had it, but after many years of loyal service, she bowed out.