Shaky start

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

HanShan

Shaky start

Post by HanShan »

When I start to rid my bike in the morning, before it is warmed up, the first time I accelerate it feel really rough and shaky, like the transmission is not really catching. It definitely feels like it is coming from the back end and it is not the motor. It has a mechanical feel to it. Hard to explain.

After a short ride it does not happen again.

Any ideas where to tell my techs to look? Wonder if this is a sign of a bad belt?
Bergerbot

Post by Bergerbot »

This is generally a good sign that your clutch plates are slipping on the clutch bell. Just needs to be scuffed up. A quick fix is holding in your rear brake while reving the throttle. This will clean them up a bit and get rid of that shuddering feel. It make only last for a while - it's something that can be addressed on your next tune up
@Bergerbot
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

Bergerbot wrote:This is generally a good sign that your clutch plates are slipping on the clutch bell. Just needs to be scuffed up. A quick fix is holding in your rear brake while reving the throttle. This will clean them up a bit and get rid of that shuddering feel. It make only last for a while - it's something that can be addressed on your next tune up
Thanks!

That is what it feels like, between the lowest gear and the next.
HanShan

Post by HanShan »

Bergerbot wrote:This is generally a good sign that your clutch plates are slipping on the clutch bell. Just needs to be scuffed up. A quick fix is holding in your rear brake while reving the throttle. This will clean them up a bit and get rid of that shuddering feel. It make only last for a while - it's something that can be addressed on your next tune up
Well hot damn, that did the trick, thanks a lot!