One of the proud few

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

One of the proud few

Post by 360 »

So I finally got my Blur a week before Saturday.
Much fun insued and even drove it to work and back last monday, but.....
Already I've had to take it back. Frequently when itd be in idle itd just shut off after a few seconds. In fact it did this a few times the day I got it (which I mentioned to the mechanic about 20 minutes after driving away.) then tuesday morning I tried running it for a minute to warm up...and it went out and wouldn't start.

They said there was a clog in the idle jet.
Sounds a lot better running idle now. (Picked it up saturday in between the buckets of rain that fell)

..and so the fun continues with my ride to work this morning. It makes such a difference starting your day with that little adrenaline boost.

Officially hooked.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Congrats on the new ride! Riding in the morning is much better than coffee (esp if it's cold or you're in heavy traffic :shock: ) !

When you took it back to the dealer to get the jet cleaned, did you use the roadside assistance program? Just curious to hear how that service is working out.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

Hi 360,

Congrats on your Blur. Bummer it had an issue, but now that it has been fixed I think you'll have many trouble-free miles ahead of you.

I've had mine for 2 weeks now and have put 180+ KM on the clock without any issues.

Just got back from a nice cruise 2 nite. Nice...

Enjoy it!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Did you buy it from Scooterworks? You'd think if anyone could set one up right, it'd be the dealer next door to the Genuine offices… ha. Stuff like that happens though, hopefully that's all it was.

Congrats! Did they say anything about accessories coming? Roy told me they're working on stuff.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

I live in The 'Nati (Cincinnati) so I got mine from Seth @ Metro Scooters.

No idea about accessories...

Nice day to be ridng, so I'm gonna keep it short and get on the road.

Later...

We'll see you and the Bears in the Super Bowl!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Blaine, I meant 360, I know he's in Chicago.

I work for the Blackhawks, who are 5-0 in preseason after being useless since the early 90s, so I have no doubt the Bears will go unbeaten and win the Super Bowl just to make sure people continue to pay no attention to the Blackhawks.

I used to live in Cincinnati (Sycamore HS '87), I was in junior high in '82 and at OU in Athens in '89.

BUT, I lived in Pittsburgh in the seventies, and thus the Steelers are the only football team I'll ever care about.

Bb.

Post by 360 »

Bryan,
Yeah I did get it at Scooterworks (that's the only chi genuine dealer) and that's exactly how I felt...I mean the manufacturer is right next door!

And I noticed it puttering out right after leaving but of course when I brought it back around that day, all of a sudden it ran just fine while I was talking to the mechanic. (Funny how that always works).
He said bring it back if it continues...so I did.

As for accessories I have no idea when they're coming. On their flyer thing I did see a windscreen and back rack. The windscreen maybe, but a rack on the back would ruin the look, I think.

....and bryan, has yours also been showing miles but running in kilometers? I forgot to mention that to them when I brought it back.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

360 wrote:Bryan,
Yeah I did get it at Scooterworks (that's the only chi genuine dealer) and that's exactly how I felt...I mean the manufacturer is right next door!
Importer, distributor, I wouldn't call them the manufacturer. : )
360 wrote: it ran just fine while I was talking to the mechanic. (Funny how that always works).
Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the "brake" light on my CR-V and my garage door opener.
360 wrote: As for accessories I have no idea when they're coming. On their flyer thing I did see a windscreen and back rack. The windscreen maybe, but a rack on the back would ruin the look, I think.
I don't like windscreens but i might change my tune after my long ride this weekend. I think I saw something about a topbox, which would be handy, but yeah, it'd be clunky and it would make it hard to get on and off.
360 wrote: ....and bryan, has yours also been showing miles but running in kilometers? I forgot to mention that to them when I brought it back.
the speedo is fine, it's marked in both, but the odometer (which isn't labeled one or the other) is definitely counting km, not miles. Which is fine, really, I don't care, my concern is that the running-in and service information varies between miles and km and it's all sort of unclear, especially because there's no mention anywhere of the odometer being in km. I'm going to organize all the information in once place and present it to them and ask for an official statement, rather than bug them about it all piecemeal. Then we can spread that info via this list to users, and also suggest that they include some sort of clarification sheet with newly-sold bikes.

Bryan

Post by 360 »

Very true! Importer is more accurate.
Changing the name and color isn't exactly manufacturing. Still, the US source is right next door.

Yeah I was talking about the odometer, the speedo is fine. It is unclear though. I think I've seen references to maintenance at both 300 km AND miles. I look forward to hearing a decisive answer from them.

Although when I mentioned this rumor to scooterworks before I bought it, they gave me the impression that it could be adjusted. ???

hmm, hopefully, although that could end up confusing.