Blur 2007

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

cjoelm

Blur 2007

Post by cjoelm »

200cc Blur? Replacing orange panels with black? Is this new news?
RunRun

Re: Blur 2007

Post by RunRun »

cjoelm wrote:200cc Blur? Replacing orange panels with black? Is this new news?
Where is the picture?
Don Cobb
Genuine Blur 150
Run 2006 Model
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

cjoelm wrote:200cc Blur? Replacing orange panels with black? Is this new news?
Where did you see this?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I haven't heard or read anything about this? Where's you hear about it?

I don't think there's a 200cc version of the Asian or European versions of the Blur so this would be a big deal. It's also help distinguish it from the other new Genuines. Nuts!
cjoelm

Post by cjoelm »

I spoke with someone at Genuine. They didn't sound definite and said they would call me back. That was about a week ago. It does sound like the color change is going to happen.
cjoelm

Post by cjoelm »

If you go to PGO's Canadian website and click on the GMAX, you will see that for 2007, the engine is going to 199cc's.
cjoelm

Post by cjoelm »

This should be the fastest scooter around.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yeah and I think it's a really good business decision for them. A lot of reports actually say the Blur is slower than the Buddy because of its added weight. This should really put it on its own level.
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

My DH traded in his Buddy for a Blur last Wed. By Sat. he was trading in the Blur for a QLink Legacy 250cc. I'm starting to eye it now :wink:
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

dahuffy wrote:My DH traded in his Buddy for a Blur last Wed. By Sat. he was trading in the Blur for a QLink Legacy 250cc. I'm starting to eye it now :wink:
What's next, Burgman 400? :P
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

There's no tellin. He says he likes it cuz it looks kinda like a Harley.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

Kinda like a Harley, huh? :? Didja get a load of the little black pipe coming out of the big chrome pipe? :shock: What does it sound like, a Harley on helium? :lol:

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

-drools-

Ilovemybuddyilovemybuddyilovemybuddy......

-sneaks sidelong glances at the new Blur-
masssheltie

Post by masssheltie »

http://www.pgoscooters.co.uk/detail.php?id=39

This one goes to eleven! When 200 just isn't enough!

:-)

Chris
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

masssheltie wrote:http://www.pgoscooters.co.uk/detail.php?id=39

No offense to Genuine, PGO, or this list, but if I was going to spend nearly $6000 on a scooter, it wouldn't be that one.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

illnoise wrote:
masssheltie wrote:http://www.pgoscooters.co.uk/detail.php?id=39

No offense to Genuine, PGO, or this list, but if I was going to spend nearly $6000 on a scooter, it wouldn't be that one.
Actually, if you take out the 17.5% Value Added Tax you're down to about $5,000. Take away a bit more because everything in the UK is more expensive at every level, and I would estimate that an MSRP of $4500 wouldn't be out of line for a 250. That said, I'd rather have a 4 valve 200 so I could keep the special rear suspension. That was one of my favorite parts of the Blur. With a conventional rear suspension I don't know that I would be as impressed with its dynamics.
- Bryce
ctpaddler2000

Post by ctpaddler2000 »

There are also grumblings about the 250cc Italjet Dragster coming to the US legally in 2007. That would really give the Blur a run for the money.

dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

Elm Creek Smith wrote:Kinda like a Harley, huh? :? Didja get a load of the little black pipe coming out of the big chrome pipe? :shock: What does it sound like, a Harley on helium? :lol:

ECS
Now, I didn't say a thing about sound :lol:
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

dahuffy wrote:
Elm Creek Smith wrote:Kinda like a Harley, huh? :? Didja get a load of the little black pipe coming out of the big chrome pipe? :shock: What does it sound like, a Harley on helium? :lol:

ECS
Now, I didn't say a thing about sound :lol:
So, it does sound like a Harley on helium! :lol:

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
cjoelm

Blur 2007

Post by cjoelm »

What about the Blur vs. the Aprilia Sport City 250?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

cjoelm wrote:What about the Blur vs. the Aprilia Sport City 250?
In all honesty, I'd take the Aprilia if there were a dealer close enough to me. Slightly heavier, larger wheels, probably a little more comfortable for a passenger and fuel injection. For what it's worth, I also like the '06 Scarabeo 250 quite a bit and wish the big top case was included with the Sport City as well.

But in some ways it's a bit of an apples to oranges deal. The Sport City is more analagous to a downmarket version of the Vespa GTS (has the same engine which also appears in the MP3) and the Scarabeo 250 is built for communting and touring. The Blur is all about speed, right?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ctpaddler2000 wrote:There are also grumblings about the 250cc Italjet Dragster coming to the US legally in 2007. That would really give the Blur a run for the money.
This has been confirmed! Yeah, I think the Dragster 250 will be the one to beat. It will also be running on a Piaggio 250 engine... maybe the same 250 as the SportCity? They're putting those Quasars into everything!
Last edited by ericalm on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
cjoelm

Blur vs Dragster

Post by cjoelm »

I just got off the phone with a guy at LS Motorsports. They are going to be getting in the Dragster 250cc in March. No word on dealers. The Blur will have a tough job keeping up with this moto.
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

ericalm wrote:But in some ways it's a bit of an apples to oranges deal. The Sport City is more analagous to a downmarket version of the Vespa GTS
Actually, the SportCity is a couple pounds lighter than the GTS. It's smaller in size, and it's intended to be a sporty big wheeled city scooter. I sat on one almost 2 months ago and I'm looking forward to getting to ride it sometime soon. It does indeed have the QUASAR engine.

I'm also thrilled about the Dragster 250. The old Dragster 180 weighed in somewhere between 230 and 240lb. If the 250 comes in anywhere near that, it's going to be amazing. I hope it's got a high top speed like the 2 stroke models did. Yet another scooter I cannot wait to ride.
- Bryce
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

I found a couple of asian sites with info on the G-Max 200 model for 2006 - which I assume is the one coming to Canada for 2007, and hopefully to Genuine.

Looks like a great scoot, combining the best features of the 150 and 250.

Best part is it keeps the superior 6 link mid pivot suspension.

The engine is not a rebored 150, it is an entirely new water-cooled design. Like the Blur it has a carboretor - it is not a fuel injected EVO design with fancy NASA composites. It has more compression than the 150, so it probably needs higher octane fuel - no more getting by with regular.

Power rating is 16ps at 7250 rpm - about 15.8 horsepower (compared to around 11 horses for the 150).

Dry weight is just 298 lbs (135kg) compared to 284 lbs (129kg) for the 150. Only 14 lbs heavier.

Two translated Hong Kong sites with G-Max 200 pages:
www.ridercn.com and www.ibike.hk which has a review that includes an incomprehensible bio of the slinky model who poses with the bike. Gotta love it.

-Mark
Attachments
G-Max200.jpg
G-Max200.jpg (62.79 KiB) Viewed 4654 times
whiteoryx

Post by whiteoryx »

BlueMark wrote:I found a couple of asian sites with info on the G-Max 200 model for 2006 - which I assume is the one coming to Canada for 2007, and hopefully to Genuine.

Looks like a great scoot, combining the best features of the 150 and 250.

Best part is it keeps the superior 6 link mid pivot suspension.

The engine is not a rebored 150, it is an entirely new water-cooled design. Like the Blur it has a carboretor - it is not a fuel injected EVO design with fancy NASA composites. It has more compression than the 150, so it probably needs higher octane fuel - no more getting by with regular.

Power rating is 16ps at 7250 rpm - about 15.8 horsepower (compared to around 11 horses for the 150).

Dry weight is just 298 lbs (135kg) compared to 284 lbs (129kg) for the 150. Only 14 lbs heavier.

Two translated Hong Kong sites with G-Max 200 pages:
www.ridercn.com and www.ibike.hk which has a review that includes an incomprehensible bio of the slinky model who poses with the bike. Gotta love it.

-Mark
Hiya, just to inform you that only the 250cc version would be water cooled, the 200cc is still air cooled and we here in south east asia have already received the 250cc and the 200cc. It should be coming to the West in aroud 6 mths time 8)
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Hiya, just to inform you that only the 250cc version would be water cooled, the 200cc is still air cooled and we here in south east asia have already received the 250cc and the 200cc. It should be coming to the West in aroud 6 mths time Cool
Interesting. Both of the Hong Kong articles state the 200 is water cooled. Could they have a different engine?

-Mark
whiteoryx

Post by whiteoryx »

BlueMark wrote:
Hiya, just to inform you that only the 250cc version would be water cooled, the 200cc is still air cooled and we here in south east asia have already received the 250cc and the 200cc. It should be coming to the West in aroud 6 mths time Cool
Interesting. Both of the Hong Kong articles state the 200 is water cooled. Could they have a different engine?

-Mark
Hmm... That's funny cause my GMax 200cc is indeed Air cooled and it does comes from the same manufacturer in Taiwan. I got a feeling there might be some mistake in the translation of the articles. Let me get my chinese friends to translate one for me to see if it is indeed water cooled there in the articles :)